Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Damn nice. I'd like to know the largest dimensions i could go with an intercooler in my 9-3 and keep everything in place.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
nahum- i believe jak's ic is the largest without doing major work

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unlike Palmer's intercooler, this will fit in the space that its intended!

The stock IC is around 31" overall width, with a core of 20"x15"x2" so this is a tad less tall and an inch thicker! If the A/C has to go then so be it!!! And I have no idea when the parts are going in...I need to hear back about the 18T rebuild, and I might also contact a local place about the 18T rebuild to see what sort of deal they can get me.

Then clutch, injectors, yada yada...tune, etc.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i just put the same intercooler in, check out my thread in generall 9000. It fits tight but nicely, you have to modify the mounts for the radiator etc, to move them back and inch or so, and then just mount the condenser to the radiator by the little tabs with bolt holes on the bottom, They line up perfect. really easy actually

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
great info!

Are you in adams MN? That seems like the only place that is around 10 miles from Meyer Garage....

·
Registered
108 Posts
no actually 10 miles west. in a small township called otranto. I live in the country. Good friends with them folks over there, moonracer, and
saab99super.

·
Registered
108 Posts
wow, just realized your 91 9k is pretty much a twin to mine, before you did your bdy work. Rock on!

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My poor car...it will never be the same (for good or bad).

Anyway, the delivery date has been bumped from tomorrow (the original date) to NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!! GRRR!>! :evil:

It has taken 3 days for the package to get from one side of LA to another. Stupid Fed Ex.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got it! It's big.....very big!

A bit shorter than the stock IC, but waaaay deeper!

Photos:

The outlets line up well, other than the fact that the factory ones point downward at an angle....but I needed to get new silicone couplers for the ends anyway due to the increase in outset size and the fact that I plan on using 3" pipe from the IC to the throttle body.

Fun stuff. Now I just need more money for the rest of the project...:-(

1 - 20 of 103 Posts