Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this thing was apparently a pretty big hit at SEMA recently, and I have my eye on one for the evo.

Deatschwerks DW300 in tank fuel pump

it looks VERY promising. it has a different type of pump blade than the walbro so it will flow more and be quiter. they are releasing around the end of january and will be ~$169.

more flow than a walbro 255, same size so it should be easily fittable, and much cheaper than the 044.

some more independent testing is being relseased shortly.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the final release of the life data is not out yet as far as i know. it was still under some ridiculous run test last i read.

but hell, walbros dont even have a very long life expectancy anyway.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Yeah getting rid of the gear-rotor makes it lots quieter and removes the wear. They are like a turbo compressor.

Diameter was supposedly smaller than the walbros but appears not from that print.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
I was going to pick up a Walbro 255 this month, or maybe Feb. As long as there is a near drop in application for me I might as well try it.

The fuel pump install is the only part I am not doing myself lol.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Are they going to make one for stock applications? Would be nice to have a lesser prices OEM replacement. The "Hella" kits which are just re-boxed WALBRO's are near $130 as it is.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From DW.

Our bench endurance testing, to SAE guidelines, equates to over 100,000 miles of continuous use.
SAE testing suggests the pumps run to 4000 hours.

@ 25mph = 100,000 miles
@ 50mph = 200,000 miles
etc.
but some questins have now come up in regards to turbine pumps and issues with hot fuel flow.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I got injectors from them back when I had my 240 with SR20, worked flawlessly...great company FYI. Well respected in the japanese import scene.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
ill be putting one in the evo in june. im at 99% IDC already on 23psi and only 350/300.
The sites that I checked have them as vehicle specific and naturally saab isn't in there. I haven't seriously looked into the walbros either so I can't compare part numbers. How would I know which to run in my Viggen or is it not even possible? Sorry I know it's a pretty basic question. How do you think it compares to the Henko 275 other than the fact it flows more?

On a side note, even if you put in a larger flowing pump, would that change your IDC if you keep the stock fuel pressure at the rail? My understanding is it wouldn't unless you changed to a larger or adjustable regulator. Assume this is while using stock injectors and no change in the injector constant.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
The sites that I checked have them as vehicle specific and naturally saab isn't in there. I haven't seriously looked into the walbros either so I can't compare part numbers. How would I know which to run in my Viggen or is it not even possible? Sorry I know it's a pretty basic question. How do you think it compares to the Henko 275 other than the fact it flows more?

On a side note, even if you put in a larger flowing pump, would that change your IDC if you keep the stock fuel pressure at the rail? My understanding is it wouldn't unless you changed to a larger or adjustable regulator. Assume this is while using stock injectors and no change in the injector constant.
shouldnt make any difference, youll just be sending more fuel though the return line untill your car is up to the level where it requires the larger amount of fuel. (more power)

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

the walbro that fits was a dsm pump i believe, part number gss342. find what that car was and then order the dw for the same one.

i guess my statement was a little confusing regarding bigger pump with already high idc. the point is im running near 100% right now with a stock pump which undoubtedly trails off in flow at higher load (ever seen the graph of the walbros vs 044? same idea) its much safer to run high idc with a pump that doesnt trail off when you are running the max idc of your power range.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I just remembered I posted in here so I came back to see what came up. Thanks Mike. That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure, and that makes sense saabkid. I looked up the graph showing the walbro and bosch and it's crazy how much flow drops off at higher pressures with the walbro. But what psi does the typical 300whp DD require? I'm sure it doesn't go up that high. Still a strong point is made. The only benefit is the price difference.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts