Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of this for some time, I wanted a new dash maybe alittle better looking and I wanted 0-200. I have been talking with a few people on this matter and they seem to think it may be possible. Is anyone else intrested in a better looking dash? maybe one similar to the Volvo S60R with or maybe even one with the RPMs in the middle?

This is all just thoughts at this point but im just trying to see if their would be a market for it.

Intrest list:
Boxerchip
Snow41man

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not just talking about the speedo... im talking about all of them... not just making them better but making them look better. and hell maybe eric and I are the only ones who care.... I was just asking.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Awesome Idea Boxerchip, I have been thinking about his for some time but never brought it up, I’m glad you did. I would def be interested in it for sure, the Volvo idea sounds good I agree that the Saab one is really boring and has hardly changed. Also maybe let the revs go up to 8000 or 7500. I want this because of when I do my engine I will be able to reach those revs.

If your def planning on doing it pm me and I will help you find some companies and ideas with you.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that was another thing i was thinking... glad you feel the same way.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I said this is still just in the thinking stage, bollman just told me the dash is linked to the VSS secirity system so these things would have to be programed.

here are some other dashes I think look nice..

I think I like the gauges being the same size... and maybe carbon between them? anyone whos really good with photo shop wana help me out with a pic? im me.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I'd be down. I think what your talking about is actually called a guage cluster. Other cars already have companies that make custom guage bezels to go along with certain clusters to really modify the look of the dash.

I think if we get enough people interested, we can get a company to add Saabs to their list of available guage clusters and bezels.

One company that im pretty familiar with is AC Autotechnic. My A/F guage and boost guage is by them and look pretty good. So they may be a possibility.

Definately add me to the list though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts