Saab Link Forums banner

New Dash and Gauge for my 9000

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Saab93cse 
#1 ·
Custom fit a Air/Fuel gauge into my dash - where headlight switch "once" was. Also am adding a power outlet. Oh - and look - it''s a wood dash kit 8) I am re-locating my headlight switch I hope to the knee bulster on the left of the steering wheel. Hopefully it will fit there with little/no problems. Tomorrow I plan to change my TPS (throttle position sensor) assuming the part I have is "good" and then if time permits - and DeLorean is around to help me wire up the new gauge - I'll get that in and working in the bitter cold artic air.... I hate this weather - all my locks keep freezing and I can't open my window at tolls!! But the turbo sure loves this weather :twisted: 8)

Updates to follow as it is completed.

See less See more
#3 ·
PaulH said:
but now wheres your hazard light switch? :lol: looks nice, i'd do that to the 9k that im driving but theres really no point :oops: its not like its making any extra power.

Paul
well his 87 does not have the round style switch, it has a brick (same as the 900's use) so I think that's a fairyl good solution as to "what to do" with that empty hole.

#4 ·
well it's all in - pictures will be taken tomorrow - but whatever caused it - something either DeLorean changed wiring wise - or some freak Saab event - my Nice leather seat now has a burn hole in it from the elements which never worked.... I'm pissed! TIme to go out and run some "high-end" cars off the road! Bloody hell! :shock:

#5 ·
Hey, I was wondering if that guage needs to be powered as well as hooking to the o2 sensor. Today i was just fooling around with my guage before installing it sometime this week. I hooked it up straight to the battery and grounded it jsut to test it out. I was planning for it to illuminate once i turned the key to accessory mode. However, it lit up right when i touched it to the battery - no key even in the ignition. This means the thing will stay lit always and I do not want that. Am i going to need to install a switch or is there a way that i can run this to the fuse box so that it only lights when the car is running off the battery. Im really not good with these electronics issues so any help would be appreciated (aka try to keep it in stupid person terms please :oops: )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.