Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Viggen clutch kit today. Got it off of ebay for $240, not too bad. CAn't wait to have it installed so my clutch troubles will finally be gone!!!

Kyle

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
You do know how much the install on a new clutch is right?? Yout lookin at about 900 alone just to drop the tranny.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$1275 to be exact Cedric! Thats a parts and labor quote from my local saab dealership. They wanted $312.80 though for a stock clutch kit and I got mine for $240. So if you take that into account I am gonna have a total of 1200 invested into this thing. Its alright though, because it needs to be done. I can't take the sticking and grinding any longer. :oops:

Kyle

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea i hear ya. Does your cluth slip? Mine does alot, but I wonder if the Viggen clutch will grip better. Considering its still an OEM part, I don't know if it would. If I ever get my clutch replaced I wouldn't go through the trouble just to have a similar clutch put in.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The viggen clutch is actually rated up to 300 horsepower, or so I am told. And I am not quite there yet . . . yet :roll:

Kyle

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should probably mention that an engineer my dad works with who has a 9-3SS told him that it was rated that high, and I was also told by the dealership. So the sources I heard this from was reliable.
And yes it slips like mad, I can't race anyone cause I think I would lose to a minivan.

Kyle

·
Registered
122 Posts
turbosb said:
$1275 to be exact Cedric! Thats a parts and labor quote from my local saab dealership. They wanted $312.80 though for a stock clutch kit and I got mine for $240. So if you take that into account I am gonna have a total of 1200 invested into this thing. Its alright though, because it needs to be done. I can't take the sticking and grinding any longer. :oops:

Kyle
Kyle, my dealer told me they wouldn't offer warranty unless I bought their part. I went with an independent that stood by their work.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmmm . . . thats interesting. I have actually decided that I am gonna take my car to an independant who works on foreign vehicles. He came highly recommended from another fellow Saab owner who said his car has never run better. I talked to him and was actually impressed. Very nice, and was impressed with his knowledge. He didn't take me for an idiot and he said he wanted to take a look b4 he performed any work at no charge. I will update everyone after thanksgiving.

Kyle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts