Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered, but not yet received, a new 2010 9-5 Aero. The car I ordered has the 19" turbine wheels with summer rubber - and as winter is coming up, my thoughts are turning to a snow tire and rim package.

I did some surfing at Tirerack.com, and the bolt pattern which Tirerack lists for the 2010 9-5 Aero is 5x120 -- not 5x110 which was the pattern for the old gen 9-5.

5x120 seems to offer a lot more choices than 5x110.

In fact, some of the choices seem fairly attractive compared to what I'm likely to get from the factory winter tire package.

I was thinking about these, for example (see attached pic):

Thoughts? The car I'm getting is arctic white, FWIW.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Arctic white on 19s, awesome. Arctic white on 19s with 20% tint on sides/rear, awesomer. That'd be my order. :)

Cant wait to see it. Congrats.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Go with the wheels you picked, great looking set. Being dark they'll hide the dirt that will accumulate on the winter roads, and I second the tint. I've had a white Audi and C900 with tint and it looks awesome. I'd skip the 20% on the front windows though, I used to roll down my fronts in the Audi in the middle of winter so I could see. Stick with legal in front 35% in MA, and then go 20-25% in back. My current Combi has 22% in back and 35% on the front.

Can't wait to see pictures of the new whip.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts