Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$255 shipped in USA for Saablink members. Over 10 units currently in stock. All brand new from Saab in the box (production date varies slightly +or- 2 weeks but last five or so have been 15th week of 2010). All 3.7TK most recent revised versions.

So new, they actually have the new (plain) Saab part number label which does not have the "Genuine GM Parts" hologram...

PayPal to [email protected]

Contact [email protected], PM, or 321.432.2034

All items ship the following business day payment was received. FedEx ground normally, expedited and International shipping at your expense.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
^way to shit on someones fs thread. where does the oil go when they are in the car face down?

I just picked on up from eeuroparts a few weeks ago (crap), thats a great deal on a new DI.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
oil leaks on 15 year old almost broken DI's,, not brand new ones
Not in my experience at least with the T7 ones when you sit them upside down but yes oil leaks form cracked ones if they are sitting the right way, and what's the hassle, turning a box upright isn't all that tough now is it?

^way to shit on someones fs thread. where does the oil go when they are in the car face down?
Oil goes to the tip which is is sealed, the top is electronics and open

Anyways, I am interested but worry some people get fake stuff and they don;t know it...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Yes, im certain these are authentic Saab cassettes. I order them from the dealer along with all my other OE parts. The labels on all Saab parts are changing on new process order parts. They no longer have the "GM" logo on them...Why? Because GM does not own them anymore. The box, packing, and cassettes are the same as before just the white label is different. If you think they are for some reason there are knockoffs, dont buy one here not a problem.

Not very sure on this theory of storage. The cassettes come from Saab upside down in the box with the cardboard retainer on top of them. This is showing the parts label on the top, so in this theory, Saab is packing them incorrectly too. The pic is an older one, now have less cassettes so they are not on their side.

Not a dealer tech, own and operate an independent Saab repair shop in Melbourne, Florida. Fully equipped with TIS, security access, Tech 2, CanDi, the works. Actually have many people come from Orlando and West Palm Beach (2hrs+) where there are dealers haha.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-----

Figured some photos showing a sealed box, with the new Saab label, the warehouse pull order sticker, and how the cassettes are packed (from Saab) would clear up these "concerns". See below.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sold some. Standing offer for all Saablink members. Currently have 10 new on the shelf ready for a ride somewhere.

Also have brand new Red IDMs for $394 shipped in the USA.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I attest that Justin runs a SAAB shop in Florida, and that he is using his re-sellers purchasing power to help get new DI cassettes sold below their list price into the hands SAAB enthusiasts everywhere.

Current list on these recently jumped from $278 to $320.57.

He says up top they are the current 3.7TK firmware and what the production dates are... hot off the press.

These are actually newer than the ones on my shelf, mine still have the crummy GM parts decal....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys. Yep keep a bunch on the shelf at all times, think 7 black units, 1-2 red. Can still do these to Saablink for $256 shipped ground in the US. Drew is correct, list went up two months ago to $320 from $300, $278 prior to that increase. Latest 3.7D firmware version.

Check above for some photos too before to clear up some concerns of being stored upside down. All productions dates on black units seem to be around 15/2010 for the last 30 or so units I have gotten from Saab, nothing newer yet.

Have sent IDMs to a few here on Saablink; Soccerplayer, GM, off the top of my head.

PayPal at [email protected]

321.432.2034 or [email protected]

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Can anyone attest to these? Also, how many are left for sale Justin?
I can vouch for Justin - bought one during the initial sale in the fall, haven't had a single problem. They are all OE saab, most recent version, and you'll save a few bucks buying from him over most other places.

FWIW, I've had a spare T7 cassette rolling around in the hatch for the better part of 5 years. I test it every so often and it works fine, no oil leaks.

Chris

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Thanks for the reviews guys. I'm hoping to order one up within the month because I need one and do not want to deal with used ones. My stock di has been on the car it's entire life and while it's not dead, I'm sure it's not up to par b/c I feel misfires here and there. I'll keep it as a spare since it doesn't throw a CEL.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
these are a good deal for sure!!!! all this talk about these and price increase I just looked it up here. SAAB#55562588Retail $437.00 Dealer cost $275.00
Wow thats the old old number for the black IDM. Its been superseded a few times since then.
55562588 $437 to 55562588 $400 to current 55559955 $320.57

Believe that they dropped to $270s when Saab had the massive recall on units (easier on books?). Since, they have slowly been going up and up in price. Think they were at $450ish then massively dropped to $270 few year ago. Its been a while now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts