Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, found some new pics.
Could this be a nice Saab 9-3X or something??
Looks decent.

·
Administrator
302 Posts
That´s the new 9-3 combi! A few test drives has been done with journalists. The verdict so far is very good, a real contender to Volvo V40.
The Swedish car-magazine I read has made a test drive. It was really hush hush, and they were only allowed to drive 20mph, there is only one car, handbuilt! I´ll see if I can post some pictures from the test drive!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Those tail lights look very icky... Other then that tho it looks interesting, they got a 6 speed version? :lol:
They put the window and power controls on the doors!! NOOO!!! They need to relocate those to the middle where they belong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is this really a Saab ?
Or is it an Opel or a Subaru ??
And I own a 900ng, knowing that it is 90% Opel, built by Saab.
Not a bad car at all, mind you; but in the past I have owned real Saabs - a least for the most part....

That 9X model looks good - Saab, w/o money and GM, w/o balls, will never produce it ..

·
Registered
352 Posts
welcome to the site!

all saabs nowadays are co-existent with the Opel platform i believe

the only saabarus i'm aware of are the 9-2x and 9-7x

that 9-x looks like the merc/mcclaren crossbreed

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
saabvos said:
i'm confused now, the 9-7x is the trailblazer copy and the 9-6x & 9-2x are the saabarus?
yeah, the 9-2x and 9-6x are "saabarus" and the 9-7x is a....."Saabburban" :lol: :lol: :lol:

(cant take credit for that one that was Deloreans, had to use it tho :wink: )

Paul

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would love to see the Saab 9x in production, why it is in the museum - I do not know.
And alas, no pics of the new 93 - if there is really one - and I do not mean Saabopels, Saaburaus, and silly Saab-GM trucks aka SAABmobiles..
Remember Nash, Hudson,,Packard,Studebaker, Henry J. Kaiser, Tucker, Hupmobile, Cord, Dusenberg, Cord, the entire English car line(now that Jaguar is a Ford).
Long live the independents - I WISH.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
a dude from the local dealership said they expect the 9-7x in february along with some new saab called the "sport compact" or "sport wagon" and he said it looks sporty and is really fast like 260+ HP.... :shock:

he said it is not the 9-3 wagon, but he could be mistaken.? looking forward to seeing what it is all about.

·
Registered
51 Posts
murphwiz said:
That'll be the 9-3 sport hatch concept.

This is the 9-3x:

And this is the 9-X...just to clear any confusion up 8)

Both are currently housed in the SAAB museum in Trollhattan!
More pics here:
http://www.murphwiz.co.uk/saab/saabmus_1003/
Love to hear a lot more from our English cousins - if Saab is run anything like Volkswagen, the Europeans will have the creme of the crop and the "third world, now including the good old USA" will receive the leftovers !! It is enough to cause a grown man to cry !!
That 9X looks pretty good. The interior pics show the ugly vent grills blended in - a good design, and much better color.
My 900ng must have had much of its interior designed by a funeral home director !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts