Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With a little less power than last year and still running that gt3071.64 first run out on the new clutch we ran an [email protected] ! Were on to something there. Track prep was not the greatest. We were slower to the 330 than average. ;)

Power was down a bit. The lower compression B205 wants more turbo.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Saab-900-Timeslip-16851.html

The crank pulley 6mm bolts failed after that and we had to load it up. Got it fixed on the trailer this am.

Videos and other media coming.
Ride along with the gopro. Other guy was messing with him on the light.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really stuck here.. I have a bigger turbo but don't think there is a need to touch 10s.

In my rounding thats an 11 flat. At least the way I learned significant digits..

I think with more than 4 launches in the car might do better. You can see in the video it still bogged off the line! Thats with 20psi or so.

Oh and another better video:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I love watching the tach in the videos Nick.

Nice work.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the tach needle - just kinda pegs out as it's still revving out :D
Yeah sort of hard to drive without the tach. Everyone comes back after first pass and says the shift light is busted.. Gopro is poor in low light. There are 4 more runs where all you can see is shift light and warning triangle.

Going to try this but with 630cc/cyl more fuel capacity. Might not use that much. Maybe the stock 325s would give enough haven't looked at the numbers since we cranked the fuel pressure. Still under 100psi at max boost, plenty safe there.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Really stuck here.. I have a bigger turbo but don't think there is a need to touch 10s.

In my rounding thats an 11 flat. At least the way I learned significant digits..

I think with more than 4 launches in the car might do better. You can see in the video it still bogged off the line! Thats with 20psi or so.

Oh and another better video:
I think you can get into a high 10 with a perfect run, that is just friggin amazing with that small turbo, not really sure how you do it, but you definetely got that little sucka working well. I want to try and get a 10, it sucks I had to do a cage and add weight back in, but they know me and now I have no choice.

From looking at my a/f and uncorrected hp, I suspect I will be right about where you are once I get to sea-level, about 13.3-13.5 and will try and raise the fuel pressure some, but not sure it will help much. I am running a 5th injector on a pressure switch, but do not have it all dialed in yet and it will be different at lower elevation. I have some work to do, but I would like to say I got a Saab into the 10's and will give it my best shot here in a couple of weeks,

John

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
also, how would you say a gt3076r would play on a setup like yours?
Tried the 3076.86 that was originally making around 480 whp on low boost in my 2.3 viggen but made the same on the 2.0L on low boost or max boost. :roll: So took it back off and back on the dyno tuning with more fuel and concentrating on making the math work first.

Fuel rail is modified. Machined an adaptor this morning that replaces the regulator and adapts it to a -6 line in a modified rail with -6 inlet only. Steve got the injectors swapped around this am before the service customers showed up. Looks like it has stock t5 inj and thats all. :cool:

This is what it is feeding. ID 1000s in the top rail.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So with the new fueling giving us some injector overhead a larger turbo was fitted. T3 flange and external 38mm wastegate. Boost managed with a t7 valve by nira.

Not a bad number. Had more left in the valve but didn't need the power.

Certainly held boost better. ;) Just a bit lazier. Think we can make some of that back up with some other changes. Should have a box coming from our great sponsor Goldwing

Turbine backpressure was within 15psi boost max. Thats Awesome since with the 3071.64 and this power it was double boost. On kill it was nearly 70psi.

Will get better images as I get a chance. That was where we ended up saturday morning about 2am.

Thats a gt40 compressor t3 turbine. 61mm inducer. Still looking at turbos but this was a step in the right direction. Certainly liked the B205.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
as in SIXHUNDREDANDTWENTYHP

yeowch.... that's a lot!! Awesome job!!! Must be nice playing with cars/dyno's all day.... lots more fun compared to what I do.

so at about 4300 RPM's it does about 200whp. How does that compare to a stock B205?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The video
HD but still processing.

as in SIXHUNDREDANDTWENTYHP

yeowch.... that's a lot!! Awesome job!!! Must be nice playing with cars/dyno's all day.... lots more fun compared to what I do.

so at about 4300 RPM's it does about 200whp. How does that compare to a stock B205?
This was all night after hours.

Yeah it was the random 1 out of 10 that nira decided to shutoff at 7500 with a serious bang out the downpipe.. Noise on the CPS got it sorted. Going to regear the Alt to solve some too.

Never looked at the low end power. I personally don't care much since it never sees below 5k during a run if it is clean. Do drive it lunch across town occasionally. ;) Compression is stock B205 just the cams and turbo that change the onset of boost.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
.....Compression is stock B205 just the cams and turbo that change the onset of boost.
.....And the witchcraft that you work with the keyboard of course.....

But if you wanna thank the cams, I'm sure they'll accept the generosity.

:D

Best,
Drew

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
.....And the witchcraft that you work with the keyboard of course.....

But if you wanna thank the cams, I'm sure they'll accept the generosity.

:D

Best,
Drew
Its not witchcraft.. Just finding the timing that makes peak torque or thereabouts along with chasing the fuel ratio too at the same time for every cell it will touch in a run. Lots of cells. More than ripping off a couple full throttle pulls. ;) Witchcraft was that nonsense with the 3071vs3076 ;)

It is time for a new laptop after they stole my good one moved back to that old dell and the internal mouse is dead and overrides the ext.. Drives me nuts.

Ill have to show where we set at 599.x for like 5 runs back to back. Then the next step was this 620. And we repeated that for a while. Pretty tolerant of A/F with this setup. Sensitive to timing more than others.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts