Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of us are probably approaching time to change out our wiper blades...I thought about just replacing the rubber part, but in the end, Taliaferro carries the complete parts. I think I got both shipped to me for about 20 bucks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
How often should they be replaced. I suppose when they need to is the answer, but when should I expect them to be needing replacement?

·
Registered
20 Posts
USNA '00 said:
Many of us are probably approaching time to change out our wiper blades...I thought about just replacing the rubber part, but in the end, Taliaferro carries the complete parts. I think I got both shipped to me for about 20 bucks.
That's pretty good. I think I'll order from them. probably will get at the end of the winter - use up the originals, and be ready for some new ones

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew it was time to replace mine because they make a savage noise as they sweep. :) I have a feeling that it's partially due to me using rain-x on my windshield early on when I owned the car. I've heard that it can dry out rubber though, so I have stopped using it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine were soo bad the other day i just stopped at an Auto Zone and picked up a set of their Premium Trico's... funny cuz Trico is who makes the ones stock on our cars. Only bummer was that the one's i bought done have the little wind deflector thing on the drivers blade. So I just kept the drivers blade and next time I need wipers I will get the refil cartridge/rubber for the stock blade and ill have my little wind deflector thing back.

Honestly i have no idea what that thing is for and it hasn't seemed to make any difference at all, the new wipers are great, wow... i can see again!

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I got my dealer to replace them for free. Mine were streaking at 10,000 miles

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's within a year of purchase, that's understandable, as wear items ARE replaced free within 1 year.

·
Registered
711 Posts
should keep 'em clean (the rubbers) with methyl alcohol (pure -40 washer fluid works ok), dampen a cloth (ie, paper Scott Shop Towels) with it and wipe across the blade a few times.

Would be amazed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trico is not the OEM supplier. It's Bosch, as evidenced by the symbol stamped in the metal. At least it is for 03.

What part numbers did you give Talieferro?

·
Registered
16 Posts
rear wiper blade...

was that $20 for a pair, including shipping? also, do you know if the rear blade is the same part/part number as the front wiper blades?
thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
USNA '00 said:
More than likely , in your area, there are no "Big Lots" stores - and maybe no discount stores either.
SE Pennsylvania could be in the poorer sections ..

But we do have the "Big Lots and they sell the Magic or Miracle wiper blades for ONE DOLLAR !!

These are NOT junk ! I have been using them in the Mercedes, the Saabs, the Volkswagen and the Honda.
They wipe well and are durable.
The $1.00 buys a man two 20" replacement blades - cutting is necessary, and sometimes minor alterations are needed.

·
Registered
352 Posts
thanks earthworm
just what i have been looking for, a new set of CHEAP wiper blades......since mine don't wipe anymore :(

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Yes the might be the best, but at $40 per Blade, that is very expensive.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts