Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had to install door speakers myself due to cheap pre owner. Me being a newb I ripped the door speaker covers off so the plastic clips that held them in place are gone. I have the three pins covered in tape right now and smashed into place to hold but I'm not happy with that. What would you guys recommend for me get those in without having to take apart the door for something behind them.

Also, my car is making annoying squeeking sounds from random places here and there, anybody here took care of those? If so how? So far I've been jamming paper so its a tigher plastic to plastic fit to reduce noise level on vibration

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Only squeak i, uh, fixed is that I had a squeak/rattle on bumps with the steering wheel pulled all the way out. I pushed it in about past half way and it doesnt do it anymore.

You'll really never get rid of them all. 'Specially with winter coming up. Learn to love 'em!

For the speakers, are you talking about the mesh? As in you tried to pry it open instead of removing the door trim?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, turn the music up, gotcha ;)

Yeah, the mesh speaker covers, have 3 prongs holding them in with 3 lil plastic clips that go over the other side to keep em in place, or WERE there before.

I'm thinking fill with silicone or somethin?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Just glue the mesh back on. It is meant to stay on anyways, so why not have it permanently on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts