Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
model: 1997 Saab 900se 2.0L (2 door)

accident: Was rear ended when at a dead stop.

1st appraisal: -rear exhaust replaced
-rear bumper replaced

heres the problem..

I come pick up my car after getting it repaired.. this is what's not working now!

- Rear Windsheild wiper doesnt work
- "rattling" noise on the undercarriage- (Right underneath drivers seat)
- Automatic Antenna not moving ( but motor runs.. " click, click ,click" )
- "check engine" light
- " Time for Service" message
... any more i do not know yet...

But i have to try and prove that this was a direct result of the accident. It was raining out so my rear wiper was on.. but the appraiser guy told me that this is not normal to have all these things wrong for the accident i had.

Dont want to him to disregard any of these problems as not a direct effect of the accident. Havent driven it since .. but he said if i thinks these things arent from the accident they he would pay.. i will have to prove that it is.. or ill have to take the tab...

you guys have any information i can you use to justify this? its redicious how Nationwide Insurance is dealing with this!

monday is my next appointment to get a 2nd appraisal.. any information would really help me out

thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you must be wondering why they missed all this the first time...

well they never notified me of the appraisal intil after it was done.. so i couldnt attend and make sure everything was checked....

i dont know if thats legal..

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Sorry to hear about that! :shock: Any photos?

That's insurance companies for ya! Out to get your money at any opportunity they can. I would think it is hard to prove all those problems came with the accident, other than the rear antenna not coming up and the rear wiper not working, since those are in the back of the car and could have been damaged. The antenna could have slipped the rubber tread pulley in the motor off track, so it won't catch and put the antenna up..

Let us know how it goes...

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i would show them any service recorsds you have....or if you have a main locol shop you take hur to....yeah those antennas are a pain in the arss! hope it just slipt off cause if the antennas plastic toothed wire broke.... putting in a new one suckd balls for me! i dunno about the rattle..maybe your exhaust came off a hanger>? and the CEL maybe also dealing with exhaust.....o2 sensor?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts