Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately my Remotes were "lost" during the transportation of the car between here (Baltimore) and Florida. I'm going rounds with the dealer but in the meantime :evil: , hate using a physical key! It's so nice to walk up to my Cherokee & press a button to unlock the doors, I should Definitely be able to do this w/ a 9-5!! :lol: I've seen a bunch on ebay but they all say to match the code #'s w/ existing remote. How can I verify this?

·
Registered
352 Posts
you should just be able to buy a keyless remote off of ebay and have the dealer program it to your car

EDIT: you beat me to hitting the Submit button steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I've already found a bunch on eBay but my question is, since I don't have the original remote how will I know for sure if they'll work? All the eBay adds list a code & say to compare w/ original remote. I don't feel like starting a trend of buying these things only to not have them compatible w/ my car.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Youcan base it on what year your car is and go from there. Also you can call the dealer and get the part number for it and that will solve all of your worries. There are only 2 types of remotes either the one that looks like a 2" black rectangle or the one that wraps your key. To make sure you get the right one go into the dealer and get them to give you the proper code and then buy away!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Would you happen to have the User Manual for your 9-5? The remote used for your car should be listed in there and maybe someone on here can snap a pic of their 9-5 remote for you, front and back. The remotes particular to your 9-5 should all be the same. The response about going to the dealer with your year 9-5 is your best bet on finding out what remote is used. The dealer could probably even show you a picture of it and you could use the picture to get one off of eBay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was looking for replacement keyless entry remotes not too long ago and I found a site that had them really cheap for my 9-3 and 900.

I had them delivered in less than a week and the programming instructions only took maybe 10 seconds?

Anyways, here's a link to the site:

Https://www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

Just click the Saab category, or type your model in their search box.

I think they have a listing for every car/remote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts