Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me bypass the code on this darned thing? I've been hitting the band button and holding it, but it's not clearing so I can enter the code. The existing code displayed is NOT the correct one.

Can someone please help? I'm at the shop as we speak with the laptop.

Here is a photo below

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
how lomg have you held the buton? Some times it takes awhile for it to clear. Also what button are you pressing? On that radio you have to hold the band button down.

Or the far right button under the display.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Call a dealer with the last 8 of the VIN and the code on top of the radio. (Also 8 digits on those IIRC). If they are nice, they will run it for you and tell you the code.

Then just pull the power for a second to clear everything, turn it on and enter the code. WhaBAM! Golden ;)

I like writing the code on the outside of the stero unit. Honestly, the security thing to me is junk. If someone is going to break into your car to steal the radio, what difference does it make if they have the code or not... They have already stolen your radio...

Edit: ^ He is probably more helpful with this radio issue than I am though ;)

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
If the worng code is entered too many time you will need to reset the unit the long way. You have the have the radio on, with that annoying beeping for 30 minutes and it will allow you to reset. I have had to do this twice with radios that have been locked up real good, simply killing the power to it does nothing.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
on that radio cutting power will not do any good. Yes remove the radio and call 888-722-2246 and I can get the code for you over the phone if you don't have it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried to plug the code in multiple times and it DID go into that sleep mode. I waited 30 minutes and voila, all set now!!

I'm going to miss leaving this car up in New England to return to D.C. when I leave later next week!

One thing is really bugging me, the 3rd long screw to the right of the dash fascia that has broken off where the straw is and I've now had to SUPER Epoxy it with JB Weld and I'll let that stay overnight, otherwise the dash fascia will pop out, yet again...

Any other tricks to that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. Can someone help getting code for:
PU-9715A
Serial: YS2765V1067809

Code on top:42 32 765

Many TKS in advanced

1 - 7 of 7 Posts