·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
time for a new head unit.

need:

double din touch screen.

ipod connectivity.

bluetooth (are all listen only? or do some have mics too so you can leave your phone in your pocket?)

nav is a possibility but not a must.

TIA

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
What's your budget?

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its pretty flexible, i'm pretty much open to all options atm.

thinking somewhere around 400 to 500ish though.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah, i've heard of different head units only being compatible with certain phones. true?

i've got a droid.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
The budget knocks out most double-din Nav integrated units. I other wise would say Pioneer Avic.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i forget will i lose the entire SID with this? or only the "track" and radio station display?

what about ability to keep the steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Pioneer has a ton of accessories for the Avic, including bluetooth and adapters for steering wheel controls.

Check out the Avic Z120BT as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i forget will i lose the entire SID with this? or only the "track" and radio station display?

what about ability to keep the steering wheel controls?
Your SID will remain the same ! It will be like your stock radio is off (which is true).

·
Registered
39 Posts
time for a new head unit.

need:

double din touch screen.

ipod connectivity.

bluetooth (are all listen only? or do some have mics too so you can leave your phone in your pocket?)

nav is a possibility but not a must.

TIA
While this is an older model (about 1.5-2 years) it is the model I have and wouldn't trade for anything else.
It has ipod, nav, bluetooth, and will work with ANY ipod, also works with USB flash drives. the touch screen and GPS work great, and its a pioneer :D
AVIC-U310BT - In-Dash Navigation Receiver with CD Playback, Built-in Bluetooth and 4.3" Touchscreen Display | Pioneer Electronics USA

Used:
Pioneer AVIC-U310BT (Receiver Only) - eBay (item 110606319790 end time Mar-01-11 15:35:05 PST)

New:
Pioneer AVIC-U310BT Navigation receiver

I hope you find what you works best for you, good luck :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts