Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw an ad for the xbox360 new game which has the veyron, the koenigsegg, the murci, etc and it looks pretty cool.

Is this a game worthy of acquiring an xbox?

How does need for speed compare to forza and gt5?

Just curious, I have neither an xbox or a ps3, but I'm prolly gonna get one in the coming months to play the gt5 or forza

·
Registered
610 Posts
I always liked the need for speeds the best.

Just because you're racing on the streets not a track and you have to out run the cops.

I'll be getting it, need a new racing game anyways.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just wanted to say if you're still contemplating buying this game, it really is good, but its NOT Forza/GT5. It truly did go back to it's roots in terms of arcade-style gameplay. But I do love the fact that you can progress in both cops/racer careers respectively. It just doesn't have depth. Plus I wish in free roam mode that cop chases just started (Like Most Wanted) , for racers and cops.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have the full version for PC & I like it, it does not have city streets anymore but streets the span out in more of a track like feel. I have read some reviews that people were not happy about the game not having a story line but i dont think a racing game needs a story.

Gamename: Cptn_Coke (Captain & Coke)

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Jameson,

Didcha get the gt5 already? How is it?
And what's your setup for playing?
I got GT5 the day it came out.

The physics are great.

The premium car BS is kind of annoying.

It's clear this game was not 100% when they pulled it out of the oven.

This is my setup:

PS3 hooked upto my 27" monitor. I have a 46" TV in the bedroom, but this way my wife never gets to complain that she can't watch TV. Being so close to the 27" fills my field of view anyway.

I also have the G27 Logitech wheel. It spoils me, I can't play with a game pad anymore.

For sound, I didn't want to whip out my full Onkyo setup, so I just bought the Sony Ps3 soundbar which is designed for gaming audio.

·
Registered
474 Posts
NEED YOUR SETUP.

I have GT5, and agree about the premium car bs.
That being said, it still feels like the best Gran Turismo. I just hope they do a GT5.5, you know, something to fix, well alot of things.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I got GT5 the day it came out.

The physics are great.

The premium car BS is kind of annoying.

It's clear this game was not 100% when they pulled it out of the oven.
What is this premium car thing you speak of? Also what about it do you not like as I'm seriously contemplating getting a ps3 just for this game?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had played most of the game in the series Need for Speed. However, the best which I played twice and liked the most is Most wanted. The latest release in Need for Speed is Hot Pursuit II, which is a remake of Hot Pursuit I which was released some years ago. If you play Hot Pursuit II with the maximum settings it would look similar to Most Wanted.

·
Registered
474 Posts
What is this premium car thing you speak of? Also what about it do you not like as I'm seriously contemplating getting a ps3 just for this game?
Technically there is 1,031 cars in GT5, but only 200 are premium car models, meaning the inside/outside of the car is perfectly rendered and can be damaged. The other cars are all standard models - imported from past GT's or just without the detail the premium models have. It kinda sucks, but that being said standard models still look good and shiny.

GT5 is probably the best GT yet, but it isn't perfect. It's getting better, update by update, and luckily Polyphony cares or they wouldn't be making the game better/ fixing it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts