Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
so you need the sanction arms and the control arms. good luck better off just going to a salvage and getting the necessary parts to do the upgrade. they don't make the old style and you'll have the same problem the next time around. is there a reason other than saving money that you want to use the old style?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually have a parts car with the newer style... taking out the swaybar looks like a PITA

Anyone have experience doing the changeover? It isn't my car so I haven't spent time to look at it too closely. But the car will munch the front tires down past the first layer of steel belts in about 250 miles of driving so it needs to be done. Now I have like 8 or 9 tires with the cords ripped through :lol:

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
What year is the parts car? If it's new enough 97 or 98 IIRC, you will get better front brakes as well.

Drop the whole subframe and strut assemblies from one car and bolt them up to the other.

6 bolts for the sub frame, 6 nuts total for the strut mounts, brake lines and abs sensors and your set.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
What year is the parts car? If it's new enough 97 or 98 IIRC, you will get better front brakes as well.

Drop the whole subframe and strut assemblies from one car and bolt them up to the other.

6 bolts for the sub frame, 6 nuts total for the strut mounts, brake lines and abs sensors and your set.
Brakes were 96 as well as suspension. They had the different hub which is shared with the OG9-3 as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts