Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear nothing but praises for the S03's. I want to hear something about Toyo T1-s. Do they compare at all??? What about the BFGoodrich? And lastly the Goodyear F1s?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
If you want a GOOD overall tire for less - get the Kumho Ecsta HP4 716 for 15" rims they are $40 each and rated for 50,000 miles + They sell 14"-16" rims through www.tirerack.com so if you don't have 17" rims - get these! I am gonna get two for the SPG eventually.

OTHERWISE if you DO have the 17" rims these tires look good and are UNDER $100 each.

Sumitomo HTR+ (Did well in snow)

Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 (Not a Snow handler...)

Continental ContiExtremeContact

·
Registered
122 Posts
WS said:
I hear nothing but praises for the S03's. I want to hear something about Toyo T1-s. Do they compare at all??? What about the BFGoodrich? And lastly the Goodyear F1s?
I currently have S-03s installed. These are great tires, but they do suffer from flatspotting on cold days. This is when the car sits for awhile and a flat spot develops in the tire. It goes away after a few miles, but it is irritating. This seems to be a common 'feature' of bridgestones. I've had occason to appreciate the rim protector bars on this tire.

Toyos come with a good reputation for quality. I have heard nothing but praise. I've driven my friend's Silvia with RA1s and they stick like a mutha. Haven't heard anyone dis Toyos. But... for warranty work, there are fewer Toyo dealers than other brands.

BF G-Force has a great rep for their KDW. But I haven't seen anyone with the new tire pattern on the road yet.

Avoid the goodyears. I've seen a lot of chunking on the corners of these tires.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I have Kumho Ecsta Supra High Performance 712 tires on now (215/45/ZR17) and they are horrible in the snow! And that's all we get up here :lol: But in the summer they are great for handling, even when the roads are dry up here it's great, but then again I haven't driven any other tire for long while, I just stick with Kumho.

I am also looking to purchase new wheels and tires someday, when the cash flows in...Damn wheels are bent and the tires suck...

·
Registered
134 Posts
id say if you have low profile hi performance tires dont even bother using them in snow and get a pair of steel wheels and snow tires not only will you save your nice rims from the salt but also a performance tire is normaly wide and a thiner snow tire is much better not to mention most all performance tires are not even rated for snow considering the rubber they are made out of

·
Administrator
254 Posts
I know you didn't have these up there but I have the Parada Spec 2's on mine during the summer and I love them. Great grip on pavement and when it rains I don't have any hydroplaning problems. In the winter I run Firestone Firehawk GT02's. Its the same tire the cops use around here. Havn;t got a complaint for either.

Kyle

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont think the paradas come in 215/45/17 ill look around for them, but i think i am going 235/40/17 once i get my 17x8's on. I bet they make them in that size.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i got a flat tire tonight and im thinking about ordering the tires tomorrow....I think its either between the S03s, pilot sports, and toyos.
So far the michelins are winning,

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...ductType=TIRE&index=11&productCodeIndex=35889

155 shipped is pretty damn good for 235/40/17 since the S03s are 192 and i heeard michelins are as good if not better. but maybe im thinking compared to the S02s. Toyos i gotta research, they dont sell on the internet so once i figure out the price for them which will probably be more than 155 a piece. If anyone doesnt like the michelins i would love to know why.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the Toyo T1-s on my car.. and the are VERY good tires..
They are virtually Silent AMAZING on wet roads and is very good at resisting hydroplaning.. being a soft tire they are very sticky.. and suffer alot in the area of Value and durability.. like i said they are soft tires.. so they wear down rather fast!.. ive had them on the 01 aero for only one summer and i didnt rotate them.. and now i have two rear tires (which were on the front).. that are now basically bald!..and thats jsut under.. mild-moderate dirving conditions.. alot of highway driving..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts