Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:Thinking of buying a Saab 1995 9000 CDE in excellent condition other than the transmission...

I recently restored a Saab 9000 CD and I had to replace the governor seals in the transmission...I would assume the CDE has the same ZF German AT ? The owner states the car only has reverse and park...wondering what your thoughts would be on the transmission issues ?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts

That one?

Either case - yes, same transmission

As to problem - not sure, could be valve body related or a bad trans. If the engine is strong I would source out a rebuilt trans for it - or attempt a 5 speed swap :)

Long term thoughts - 2.3T with 5 speed.... it's how I would want a CDE to be.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Depends on where you drive? I have an Aero and a CSE auto at home, in city traffic the Automatic is a whole world better/easier to drive. Quicker at the Stoplight Grandprix than the 5spd Aero (true), should one choose to participate:)
The 5 spd IS nicer on the mountain hiways.. should you have any you would normally frequent.
Horses for Courses applies.

·
Registered
645 Posts
what would one need to go thru to make a v6 car a 2.3?? my opinion, i like the 95s, but i LOVE the 94 cde, classic style. 2.3 T5 just begging for a 5 speed:D

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
what would one need to go thru to make a v6 car a 2.3?? my opinion, i like the 95s, but i LOVE the 94 cde, classic style. 2.3 T5 just begging for a 5 speed:D
Engine - Trans - Harness - ECU.....

Subfram MAY be the same - this you need to look into (no WIS on this PC to check) otherwise you need a Subframe... Brakes should all be the same.

I'd imagine you could more or less assemble a unit on a sub frame a lower the car onto everything in one shot. Instant classic :) Just add 2.3T5SPD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts