1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The steering rack clamp and brace,
front subframe,
and rear sway bar.

To anyone who lives in new england and has enough space in garage or driveway to install those:
I just needed someone who knows exactly what to do and doesn't mind helping me out installing these (most likely close to the end of fall), since i've never installed anything like this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i know im not from NE, but those parts are rather easy to install yourself...i did mine on my own and i am no pro!!
or is it lack of tools?
either way the steering brace take like 20min.
the rear sway bar is the easiest
the sub frame might be a little tuffer

but they all have instructions and if you follow them its a sinch!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
ah beer is good...........

but yeah jack/jackstands are also good..

but beer is better...

company is good too....

but again that beer is a must!!..

haha well good luck with them and let us know how it goes...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
ive got all the tools and everything but i live in CT.... the steering rack clamp and brace u can def do yourself hands down the brace i have never done but am working on making my own. the sway bar is easy as well here are the how to's..... http://mpperformance.com/installation.htm

its all there everything u want to do... the only thing u would need jackstands for is the subframe brace u can get away with teh sway bar without jackstands but its really tough again i am in ct if u need help otherwise u can pm me or email

edit: o i just read REAR sway bar u can def do this without a jack, and don't be scared if u brake the bolts, use a lot of wd-40 let it sit overnight spray again and this will break them loose a bit and help remove the stock swaybar..... as they tend to get rusted on. if/when u break the bolts just replace them with ones the fit the holes. steering rack clamp and brace are extremely simple i made my own custom ones and came out awesome

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember seeing much more detailed instructions on how to install those, there was a link on Eric's site, now that link is gone.

And yeah, i wanted to keep it like 3 hours from Portland, ME tops, i won't be able to go to CT. Thanks for the offer tho'.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
lions go to the above link if u want more detailed stuff... the DIY rack clamp and brace were made per his instructions there

·
Registered
41 Posts
The rear swaybar is better to do on ramp is you have them. Don;t worry about install. I did the rear sway and MP VRK in under 30 mins for both.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I live in southern NH, about half hour outside of manchester, NH... you are welcome to stop by my place... full set of tools and plenty of driveway/garage space... Those mods should be simple enough, couple beers and a burger later you'll have a better handlin saab

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thnx a lot for offer goviggen :)

but it seems like my saab has to wait for some time, i'll have to pay for college outta pocket (no grants this year) :(.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts