1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a Part...any part?

Check out:

www.uneedapart.com

They will send out your request automatcally to numerous Salvage Yards throughout the US. The salvage yards will in turn send you back a quote and price if they have it..usually the next (or same)business day.

I was looking for a used transmission for my 1996 900 SET, and so far i've had 8 companies email me. I was able to find one for $550 with 31k miles on it :p

So give then a try 8)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
good find ced!

sent out a request for a passengers side headlight wiper motor

~justin

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Sweet deal - I sent out a few parts requests - see just how good they really are ;) 8)
I requested:

1986 - Saab - 900 SPG - 159 - Pennsylvania

PART NAME: "Quarter Repair Panel"
PART NUMBER: "159"
PART DESCRIPTION: "3 Dr (Hatchback) Right"

ADDITIONAL INFO: Prefer Grey in color - any will do. Need whole section.
Right Rear 1/4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1986 - Saab - 900 SPG - 110 - Pennsylvania

PART NAME: "Fender"
PART NUMBER: "110"
PART DESCRIPTION: " Right"

ADDITIONAL INFO: Front Right Fender - rust and rot free - Prefer Grey in
color - any will do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1986 - Saab - 900 SPG - 200 - Pennsylvania

PART NAME: "Interior (Complete)"
PART NUMBER: "200"
PART DESCRIPTION: "Leather"

ENGINE SIZE: "NONE"
CYLINDERS: "4 Cyl (Gas, FI)"
DRIVE TRAIN: "Front Wheel Drive"
TRANSMISSION: "5 Speed Manual"
BODY TYPE: "2dr Hatchback"

ADDITIONAL INFO: Charcoal Grey Leather a MUST - fronts or backs - w/e you
have avail for pick-up.
Should be interesting to see results and prices.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
This site is the mutts nuts. I put in a request for an ECU and grille and got about 12 replies in less than 12 hours. some OK prices, too. Better than goldwing anyways.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
abdukted1456 Your kidding me! I am looking for a 9-3 grille right now, and you are bidding on the one I was going to get off ebay! :lol: I wanted to offer them $50 if there weren't any bids, but you stole it! :lol: I also got replies back within two hours of sending out my parts request for a grille. But all too expensive. $140 and $125. I want a $50 grille!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
abdukted1456 said:
This site is the mutts nuts. I put in a request for an ECU and grille and got about 12 replies in less than 12 hours. some OK prices, too. Better than goldwing anyways.
Hahaha...I told you this works. Did you find any within your budget?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
sorry, Rob. I had no idea.

I also want a spare to paint black (doing ths to a spare is especially important since my car is still "techinically" on lease for now) and I got quotes of 140 or more from that national parts locator thing. I am just impatient, I want things right away. So I checked ebay and saw that one about to end. If you could be more patient than I, I bet you could find a grill from a local junkyard for under 80. Or you could always bid aginst me, but then we will both end up paying close to 140 for one! :roll:

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Well so far for ECU's the best deal I found was 298. two dollars less than the 300 dollar core charge....So, nothing good yet. I got quite a few replies with people claiming they need me to call them with part numbers or to double -check things or something. Seems like a computer generated form letter, though. I suspect they are just giving "false postive" replies, trying to get my business without actually checking their inventory to confirm they have the part. They probably figure if I call they can offer me other parts or something.

Oh well, I now have a good source for parts in the future. the replies keep trickling in and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet, so maybe I will get a cheap ECU yet! right now It looks like I will just suck it up and let Maptun/G9 keep my core.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually man, if they sent you the generated email like that..that means they have the part. Thats how I found my $550 tranny as opposed to $1000 from other salvage yards.

So i'd definately give them all a call...they may even conceiling their prices so that other yards can't find out their rates.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
called a few places, the best they can do is 250 plus shipping, still not good enough, with shipping I am still pushing close to 300.

Funny, thing, the first thing the guy tells me when I ask for the part is "these cars have gone downhill since GM took over, you see that stupid new SUV?"

I told him hey, they had to take some action or else there would be no Saab right now. Then I explained that my ECU is fine, I just want a spare. at least he was willing to negotiate on price.

Rob, You should call some of these places offering the grill for 125 and tell them you can get it for 100 elsewhere and see if they will beat the price.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
That's an idea :) But I'll see what comes back from these part locator results, and if anything goes on ebay...Don't worry I aint bidding you up on that one on ebay...Scouts honor...I only want to pay around $60 or so...

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
sorry guys. this one is too good to not post.

some clowns want 500 for a USED ecu.

:lol:

I need to get into the used car parts business. I wonder what a brand new one from Saab costs?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
see Rob? I told you you'd find cheaper ones, I was just impatient.
:oops:
I ended up paying 140 for mine with shipping, but at least shipping was fast. It left from Colorado Friday and arrived to me in NY Monday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts