Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We may be replacing our 2005 toyota matrix...

She really likes Acura TL's.

I am somewhat neutral about them, but hey, she's driving it.

The only real issue I have with them is the deprecation is very low with these. An alright looking 04 with 75k on it is still 16K!

On the other hand, I found about 20 2004-2006 9-3 SS's with half the miles for *less* money.

She drove HIDSPG's flawless 9-5 aero this weekend, and thought it was nice, but a "little bumpy". :rolleyes:

I think it may be a bit large for her too, she likes the size of the TL quite a bit.

I am making her go look at a 9-3 SS this week.

What else should she look at?

No Audi/VW/Hummer.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Is the Matrix finally going to become a track car?

Well, the TL's hold there value cause they are such good cars. Boring imo, but very solid. It's hard to beat the value that a used 9-3 SS brings to the table however.

Any thought towards a Volvo S60? Subaru Legacy?

·
Registered
410 Posts
What bodystyle does she want? What kind of utility do you want to get out of it?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
SS aero or the like is about 17for a nice mileage one. 05-06ish . there is a blue one at luther westside VW

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-|E-|M-_42_|D-_1502_|N-N|R-30|I-1%2c7|P-PRICE+descending|Q-descending|Z-55437&aff=national&paId=284595926&recnum=17&leadExists=true

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
I say Legacy GT, an 9-5 Arc may be a bit softer than an Aero but with most of the performance, I would only buy an SS if its CPO'd.

Also Volvo S60 T-5 and S40 T-5.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Volvo is a well made car for sure, my uncle sells quite a few of them. I would also look at Subi's and maybe a Maxima or Altima?

·
Registered
828 Posts
g35 have hood hinge problems where you need them to be replaced every 2 years or so.. just a heads up

i say 3 series bmw or s60 volvo

·
Registered
509 Posts
I vote subaru, bmw, or volvo. I can understand not wanting a vw or audi; nearly all newer vw's are pretty "meh," and later a4's do not seem to be known as reliable vehicles.

No mazdas? The 5 door mazda 3 seems pretty cool...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
g35 have hood hinge problems where you need them to be replaced every 2 years or so.. just a heads up
Eh, still cheaper than replacing what needs to be replaced on a Saab every two years.

You should check out the new Mazda 6. It's the best looking mainstream car out at the moment.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
I've had a chance to drive the first 6 from mazda and its a bleh car really. Can't say much for the new ones though.

·
Registered
509 Posts
^That's pretty good looking.

I parked next to a newish black mazda 3 5 door today, it looked very cool, IMO. I could see owning one, someday.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the s60,but it's about the same size as the 9-5...

We really do not want to get much utility out of it, as we own a 9 year old hatchback. :)

I suggested a subaru legacy and she's on the fence.

We looked at an is a while ago, and those cost a fortune too.

A g35 is nice, of she can get past the 30k millionare thing'

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no audi. Not reliable. We are coming from a toyota that has been flawless.

The g is interesting. Nice size, great motor, reliabilty...

Hmm.

We have a 17k cap, and will be taking the car on road trips and junk. No hauling or anything.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts