Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago, I met a guy named Dimitri, he has a 94 9000CSE. You all will probably meet him at the rally. His family owns the Blimpie, that alot of the import guys meet up at. So last night, I decided to head out and see what was up.

Camaro.
I arrive at blimpie, and Dimitri is just closing up. He says, "follow me to Dunkin Doughnuts" We cruise out, and its just a bunch of bikers. We were both gassing it on the way out, and he was impressed with my car.
We left Dunkin, to head over to McDonalds accross the city, I spotted 2 Camaros. At an intersection, we both kinda went by them, but it wasn't any race. I pulled out way ahead just to show off. Now Dimitri's car, is missing a headlight, so its easy to spot. Right next to him, I see a car come flying up, approaching me on my left. I'm like oh good, a ricer "fly by". Turns out it was the white camaro, so I had it in 3rd at about 70 ready for him. :wink: He jumps out about a car length and then I just leave him behind. We took it up to 110 and took a corner on the arterial hard. He was backing off a bit and I kept in it. We made it to the exit, and I showed him a little FWD drift. Mind you I have an extra 400lbs worth of passengers for all this.

Burnouts.
We make it to the McDonalds, and some other kids show up and want to tape burnouts, a Dakota tried, but didn't do to well. I gave it a shot, and didn't do so hot either. Then they picked up the end of the dakota, and it finally smoked the tires. After all this, we knew we had to leave, On the way back to blimpie with the crowed, I lined up with this Talon. It was a quick little car, not awd but still quick. Everybody shot the shit with each other at Blimpie in New Hartford for a while. Then we got the idea to go up to the old Frankfort Airport for some racing.

Dirty Talon.
Me and this one other kid, made a run of the runway, so I could see what the "track" was like. There is a section just before the end, where the center lines become thick white ones. So we turned around and headed back. I lined up agian with the talon, got across the line, and wound it up. Our flag kid dropped his hands, and we took off, pretty even till 2nd, then he pulled out a bit on me, Once into the third. I started to pick back up and gain the lost car length. Into forth I was back up by his doors and pulling him in. Then the white lines. I braked HARD. and he kept going, then braked, realizing what I was doing. He wasn't stopping in time. The car ended up going off to the left, and hitting the grass, he spun around once, and ended up in about a foot of mud, in the farmers field at the end of the runway. Needless to say, about 7 of us were not affraid to get dirty, and helped push him out, while all the rest of the crew, "didn't get thier kicks dirty".
After getting him out, I ran an older VR6 Jetta and layed the smack down. This kid was hassling me about my burnout all night, and I tried explaining to him only one of his wheels was spinning. I showed him.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
haha, it's hard to know the ends of runways cause they are so wide, you think you have more, good kill though

~justin

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The runway was only wide enough for 2 cars, and it was pitch black out.

I wouldn't call them kills, just 1 victory, and one need for a longer run. I really gotta work on my launches.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey tweek, I was wondering about burnouts...would our Saabs be able to spin both tires at once? I have no idea how the whole slip differential thing works :oops: thought it was only rear wheel drive cars with a solid rear axle that can really spin both tires for a good burnout.

I've only done one "half" burnout...I was driving with a convoy of ricers on the way to see the second fast and the furious movie (hey I only saw it for the acting)...everyone was doing burnouts so I did one at the light right in front of the theater. There were cops everywhere in the parking lot, but they didn't suspect someone in a saab to cause trouble.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i had mine smokin in a parking lot the other day. Just rev it pretty high and dump it, you will move a lot, but you can spin them fast enough to smoke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts