Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think you guys know about my car, I think you know about the modifications. There is too much to write. It has 61,500 miles on it now. Just in case, this is the mod list:

18" ASA JH8's silver with polished lip. 225/40/18 Falken Azenis RT-615 summer tires.

Clear side markers
Saab clear E-code corner lights
Windows tinted 35%
Saab catalog carbon fiber door pulls
Saab catalog carbon fiber dash panel
State of Nine leather E-brake boot
Genuine Saab steering rack clamp and brace
Custom 2.5" from Genuine Saab
Genuine Saab 3" stainless downpipe w/race cat
Stage 4 Nordic software
Genuine Saab turbo inlet/cobra pipe
Forge intercooler from Genuine Saab
Genuine Saab 9-5 Aero rear brake kit w/slotted rotors
Goodrich stainless steel brake lines
Custom carbon fiber fuse box cover
Custom carbon fiber TB/Engine cover
Custom carbon fiber DI cassette cover
Custom carbon fiber ignition console w/modified Viggen emblem
Custom carbon fiber B-pillars
Custom Viggen emblems in place of SAAB roundels
Custom Griffin Gear Viggen shift knob insert
Custom/Genuine Saab sport leather/carbon fiber steering wheel
Autometer Sport Comp carbon fiber boost gauge
Genuine Saab gauge pod
Genuine Saab front end kit with upgraded SE front sway bar and poly bushings
Genuine Saab 6pt subframe brace
Genuine Saab poly engine mount
Genuine Saab poly trans mount
Genuine Saab strut tower brace
Genuine Saab 22mm rear swaybar
Sparco color matched blue/black pedals
Koni Sport kit featuring adjustable struts/shocks plus lowering springs.
MP rear strut brace w/ OEM Viggen badge
Genuine Saab intake
Hyperboost HX compact BPV with blue silicone hoses
Rebuilt F-25 transmission w/OEM update kit, Quaife LSD, Spec billet flywheel and stage 3 clutch

Audio:
Alpine IVA-D310 touch screen
Alpine N852a GPS Navigation(not installed, but included)
MB Quart Q series components 6.5" front 2" tweeters in the dash and 6.5" co-axials rear
Custom panel with window and leds mounting MB competition x-overs
RF Punch 250.2 amp
RF 4 channel amp
SWIX controller for steering wheel controls
Alpine Sirius sat radio
JL 8W7 sub in custom enclosure with custom fabricated trunk floor

Pics, shit I have so many. So I will give a few.

Again, car is not perfect, its a 10year old car with 61k.

The interior I would rate at 9.7(original drivers side floor mat is showing some wear)
check out the wear to the bolster:

Mechanically 9.2(the TB needs to be cleaned or replaced and it has the wet spare tire well in a down pour issue, I will try and fix both before sale)

exterior 8.8-9.1, stone chips on the hood, 2-3 small paintless dings on the whole car, scratch on the front bumper,

slit on the gray of the rear and its had paint work do to being keyed etc. Pic after the keying was fixed.

In June, about $2k of work was done between the keying and repainting the front bumper.

Serious people will need to contact me. I have a clean title in hand and have Carfax and Autochecks as well. My goal was to trade the car in the next week but selling it needs to be the backup plan. The Saabnet price if $12,750. People always want a bargain. So lets see what I am offered. I know you can buy a 160k mile stock car for cheap, go do that. I likely have a stack of fixes and parts receipts that is anywhere from $10-20k. There is $6500+ in audio/video, $5500 in trans work alone. I am also including extras like MAF, DI, spare tire, intake, and cool stuff like the Viggen RC car, press kit, and magazines.

· Registered
5,239 Posts
We're all cheap bastards here but I'm pretty sure if you'd throw best pics on your cardomain with all the magazine articles - linked it on the saabnet - i'm sure you'd find somebody willing to spend ~15k on it. Your Viggen and perhaps Ed's are the best taken care of ones I've ever seen and it's not just my opinion but all those folks who saw your car at Carlisle or SOC.

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We're all cheap bastards here but I'm pretty sure if you'd throw best pics on your cardomain with all the magazine articles - linked it on the saabnet - i'm sure you'd find somebody willing to spend ~15k on it. Your Viggen and perhaps Ed's are the best taken care of ones I've ever seen and it's not just my opinion but all those folks who saw your car at Carlisle or SOC.
I don't think I am able to post URL's in the Saabnet ad. Anyone interested will contact me and I will bombard them with pictures and information. My Viggen has been in a couple of Nine's and also Turbo Magazine as well. I think it was the number 1 Saab on all of Cardomain when I actually used to up date it, now it's just the number 1 9-3 or 99', I forget.

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some things to note.

The CF dash, they are all delaminating, I even saw it on Nick's car. Mine seems to be doing really well, it's about 98% still.

Also, my pixels, only about 10% missing from the SID and its original, the ACC, is 100% PERFECT. I have not seen a 99' with sids and acc's in better shape unless replaced.

That $500 GS steering wheel has like 1k miles on it :(

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Weird, no mention of the pussy magnet....
No need, I knew you would do it for me. <3

Oh yeah, this car was driven once at 10-20mph by a WOMAN. Please don't think less of this car.

I have never launched it, done a clutch dump, anything like that. I am easy on clutches, the first one had 50% wear at 55k. It had 1 auto-X before the trans and LSD. The trans mainly needed a rebuild only because the crush sleeve came apart in two which is common on Viggens. So it has the updated 2pc F-35 sleeve. Not many Viggens have this setup :)

· Registered
1,219 Posts
Vig

Have seen an '01 stock vert with 30K miles for (asking) $13K in Gloucester or Marblehead, Ma that was bone stock. Times are tough, but hang in there. Like my brother says- there's an ass for every seat. To the right person, all those mods and cosmetic stuff should mean a lot. Have an '00 vig vert and really like it. One drive should sell it. Good Luck.

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A Viggen wold be a fun car but just a little small to be my daily driver.
It depends on if my wife will let me have a "spare" car. The money isn't a problem.
I have dyno'd the car twice, but both times were kind of a waste.

The first time was before being tuned, 100+ degree day. It did 180whp thanks to a large boost leak found the next day and NO fans.

The 2nd one, I called and asked if they had fans. Another 90 degree day and I get there and look up and see a ceiling fan. They park the car in such a way that my bumper was up against a wall with no airflow. This was stage 3 before the IC. It went into a soft limp home mode and only did 220whp at only about 8-9psi. I went out that day and bought the IC and retune.

Since then I have the full stage 4 and fixed any small boost leak. I have not redyno'd it but am confident it makes what other similar cars make 255-265whp and 300-320lbs of tq. When doing street racing in Detroit two years ago, my friend and I would beat Ls1 cars from 20-80mph, SRT-4 stage 2's, modded 5.0's. It is VERY strong. People in Detroit couldn't believe it. They actually gave me a lot of respect except for a guy in a 67' GTO who told me to take my jap crap to the junk yard. We proceeded to walk him by 3 cars :)

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Having seen the car in person I can tell you this is a nice ride. Having been behind it when he accelerated I can tell you it is fast.

Jameson's helped me out a few times, so I can tell you he's a good guy.

I haven't read any of this thread so if people have said anything to this extent in here already I'm seconding it.

Good luck, wish I wasn't such a cheap ass, maybe Imran and I can go halves on it.

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Having seen the car in person I can tell you this is a nice ride. Having been behind it when he accelerated I can tell you it is fast.

Jameson's helped me out a few times, so I can tell you he's a good guy.

I haven't read any of this thread so if people have said anything to this extent in here already I'm seconding it.

Good luck, wish I wasn't such a cheap ass, maybe Imran and I can go halves on it.
Thanks!

The cool part is, the car gets better with age. It makes more power, handles better and is in better condition than when you saw it last. My cars have a way of getting better as they age. But it's getting dumb when I am reminded by the money spent with these receipts lol.

It's been about 12 hours since I put the car on Saabnet last night and I already woke up to an interested party in NJ.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.