Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after much help from many of you folks on here, which is much appreciated. I decided to give it a go.

First I used this guide for removing the bumper, 23.05.2005: Saab NG900 Intercooler - photo.platonoff.com
Just ignored the intercooler parts.

Then there was one extra 8mm bolt i had to remove, then pulled out the resonator box along with the 2nd air intake pipe.

Next another person on here mentioned the end of the intake needs to be flaired. To resolve this i took the small part the was already at the end of the system.

I cut it with a dremel to remove the peice where it attatched to the car.

Next i drilled holes into both the 90* peice from the airbox aswell as the flaired peice to fit two bolts with nuts an washers i had lying around. This secured the two togeather.

This also allowed me to secure a peice of door screen to the end to help keep out extra dirt,bugs, or small rodents. (This may have negated the flaired bennefit? I dont know)

Then put it all back togeather.
Havent driven it around yet, but just from idle revving it is just a little bit louder.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I think my eyes are getting worse by the years, but what the heck are we looking at here? I see you took the bumper off, but why? Was it to remove the resonator, if so you wasted a lot of time cause all that can be removed from just removing a few screws that holds the plastic liner to the fender, you then have one screw to remove and you pull like hell. What is the flair for?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks viva, I prob will to eventually.

To lms. That does make sense, some had said I did need to take the bumper off, it wasn't too hard, I can also picture the fender guard not going in as well, but who knows. It was fun this way.

The flaire was already apart of the original system, supposidly it does make a difference

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
neb, did you get my PM?
Yes sorry, and at this time I'm not looking to purchase anything.

Went out for a drive, much better noise. Noticeable diff in acceleration an rpm power.

Also I saw somewhere about unplugging the battery overnight for the sensors to get used to the change? Is this true?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
For best results, fill up with some 92 or 93 octane.
Just unplug the negative terminal on the battery for 30 mins, then reconnect and go for a spirited drive. This is called re-adapting the ECU.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So i unplugged the negative terminal for a few hours, then went for about a 20-30min spirited drive.

Still seems to have a much larger power range, is this normal, 2000 9-3 convertible base model.
I was up to around 70mph in 3rd gear.

Maybe its normal lol, just wasnt expecting a change like that. Want to make sure i dont hurt the engine or anything.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Get a tune from JZW and you'll be able to find 110mph in 3rd :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts