Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of my short shifter. If you dont have much money but can weld or know someone who can weld, I recommend this mod. The change in throw is unreal, and also has a much tighter feel.

I followed some of Erics instructions but did some things differently. I moved the fulcrum up 30 mm. This is about the max possible you would want to go. The MP short shifter looks like It might move the fulcrum up about 20-23mm, but if you want to go more youll have to raise the mounting point of the fulcrum or the shifter will hit the floor. I actually dont know if you could move more than 10-15mm without bottoming out. I welded 5/32" thick aluminum plates for raising the mounting point. It is also easier to leave at least an inch on the sides of the square when cutting it out.

There is a down side to this mod compared to the MP shifter : you do not have the aluminum ball. The shifter does move slightly inside the rubber/plastic ball, but most of the play you feel is coming from the shift linkage/tranny mount in the engine bay.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts