Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming back from a Walmart in Palmyra earlier today with my friend.

Speed limit on the street is about 35 - 30 in different parts. Everyone was going around 30 miles an hour. A guy in a Lexus suv slams on the brakes because somebody in front of him slammed on the brakes. A woman in a new Hyundai sonata - I think, slammed on the brakes as well. And I did the same thing. She hit the guy in the Lexus, then I rear ended her and her rear bumper/trunk ran up my car taking out the grille/radiator/lights/hood. Her car had minimal rear damage - just the bumper seemed to be cracked. And her front hood (dont know if it happened on first impact, or when I hit her) was pushed up a little. All in all nobody was injured, luckily since she had two kids in the back. Called 911 - cop got there almost immediately, same with fire dept. to cover up the leaking antifreeze/coolant.

The car shop said she's most likely totalled. But we're seeing what the insurance company says tomorrow when they go to look at the car. Right now I'm just worried about my insurance company dropping me/my dad. I only had 1 accident before - and I wasn't at fault - but Erie (the insurance company) is not an easy-going insurance company, and a second accident may just throw me and him out.

Well anyways, here's some pics.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Never any fun to see that. Best of luck to you. Might make a good time to get a turbo if you want one. Unless all three of the cars in the sig are yours and the n/a was just for DD status.

·
Registered
373 Posts
That's no fun. But I would definitely try to find a better insurance company to go with. If they are going to drop you after only one accident (that was your fault), then they probably don't keep many clients.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shitty, sorry to hear. Is that fruity pebbles on your valve cover?
haha, for whatever reason the light on the antifreeze/coolant in combination with my shitty camera phone makes it look like that! :D

Never any fun to see that. Best of luck to you. Might make a good time to get a turbo if you want one. Unless all three of the cars in the sig are yours and the n/a was just for DD status.
Just the 900 was mine, the other two are my dad's. And the 9-5 is out of commission right now due to the fuel pump failure. So hopefully insurance 'total's it, and I can get a turbo'd 900 or 9-3.

That's no fun. But I would definitely try to find a better insurance company to go with. If they are going to drop you after only one accident (that was your fault), then they probably don't keep many clients.
Well the insurance was dirt cheap (my dad's) until he added me, when it just doubled with me on it. Then the first collision made it shoot up (the accident that wasn't my fault) and this may just make it shoot up even more, either that or we're gone. And I agree, they don't keep many younger clients - everything I've heard from young drivers that had Erie was bad. But older drivers - with perfect records have really cheap rates that beat the other companies.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've fixed worse than that

it looks like it could be easily fixed with some hood, core support, rad, condenser, lights, grille, the bumper looks saveable

Hell I even have a black '94 900 that has okay stuff for replacing ;) Only problem is my perfect hood on it I want to put on my mother's '94 900 that is black also, but has some rust holes in the front..

Anyway it looks like you could repair this yourself in a weekend.

Friggin submarine... if you didn't touch the brakes maybe your car would be not damage so badly ;)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've fixed worse than that

it looks like it could be easily fixed with some hood, core support, rad, condenser, lights, grille, the bumper looks saveable

Hell I even have a black '94 900 that has okay stuff for replacing ;) Only problem is my perfect hood on it I want to put on my mother's '94 900 that is black also, but has some rust holes in the front..

Anyway it looks like you could repair this yourself in a weekend.

Friggin submarine... if you didn't touch the brakes maybe your car would be not damage so badly ;)
don't say that. :D i want it to be totalled so I can get a turbo.

all in all though, knowing this insurance company (and some other peoples experiences with them, they try to get out as easy as they can) now if to them, its easier to just say the car is totalled and give us the money for it, id really like that. the car is a 94' has 80k miles on it, and is in almost perfect condition (well not anymore) and its estimated close to 3,000 dollars - doesn't sound like much, but my old 89' jetta was worth about 750 bucks. And I'd rather use this money towards a stock turbo'd 900 or 9-3.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Totalled? Probably.

Fixable? Hell yeah :D

Sucks to see no matter how you slice it, though. :(
Well the insurance company is going down to check it today, so I'll get told today what they're gonna do.

But agreed, it still does suck and she just hit 80k the other day. :(

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sorry to see this, your car was in really good shape for the year.

Just get the Stig to fix it for you.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Sorry to see this, your car was in really good shape for the year.

Just get the Stig to fix it for you.
He'll even make the body panels fit all funky.*

I kid because I care stig.

Sucks to see, there is a perfect condition 95 900s in the junkyard. Sludge engine but everything else in premiere condition.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Totaled yes for the insurance company. You can but it back for peanuts and fix it like new for about $400. You can sell it once repaired for more money to get a turbo ;) I just did an identical repair in 2 days.

The rad suppor is welded on using 16 spot welds IIRC. You need to use a $10special spot weld drill bit. You need to do thew same to drill out the donor rad support. Ther resr is just fitting the parts on and adjusting all the gaps on thew car. Mine turned out 100% perfect :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got word back from the insurance company today, they said it was totalled. Don't know if my dad's gonna want to buy it back, but hopefully he will, we got new tires and wheels on it only a couple thousand miles back.

Most likely going to get my dad's 9-3 until I buy one of my own.

But still it's not a totally terrible situation. I get a turbo out of it! :lol:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you decide to keep it I need to buy the ignition coil :D
If we do buy it back I'll be sure to keep you in mind for it.

sorry to hear that, good luck with whatever happens. btw, can i have the "saab" front plate?? please??
Thanks, and sorry that saab plate will be going on my 9-3 most likely. :D

LOL that's exactly what I thought!

That really sucks to hear/see man... I'm sorry for your loss. :(
:lol: Everyone I've shown that picture too thinks its fruity pebbles as well!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts