Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first nice Saab. Picked it up like new from a couple ER docs. She raised horses and no kids. They used it for highway trips only. Been sold a couple times since I sold it after killing my knee. Black with Grey cloth manual. Been getting rougher over the years. Not sure who went silicone crazy on the cover either.

Towed in last week with no start. Fuel and spark great but no compression, Found the cause when I lifted the valve cover. 2 plugs clean, 2 fouled. Was planning to ckeck the cam timing. :shock: Not really a need.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It ate the chain and there was lots of shiny Alu down in there. ;) Weeping fresh oil from the cover cracks after it sat overnight. I have not seen one that lost the chain though. Maybe a few broken guides and noisy or a sprocket.

I have a ~60k motor in the warehouse. Not worth replacing though.
Just getting old...

·
Registered
291 Posts
It ate the chain and there was lots of shiny Alu down in there. ;) Weeping fresh oil from the cover cracks after it sat overnight. I have not seen one that lost the chain though. Maybe a few broken guides and noisy or a sprocket.

I have a ~60k motor in the warehouse. Not worth replacing though.
Just getting old...
I recently let my first Saab go to the junk yard over the summer. It was running, but the clutch was going and it was over 20 years old. Sometimes it's best to let it go =\

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Reminds me of seeing my first nice Saab (actually my first Saab, period)
this spring. It was a rust free '88 900T that I put all the SPG bits on. Now I would pretty much consider it to be "dearly departed."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.