how did you do it? youself? would it help if you polished it? i am in the slow process of replacing my head gasket and am actually waiting for a haynes manual and gasket set. so this could give me something to do...since i have my valve cover off. i already played with my tbc and header
haha good spottin there, if im not mistaken thats a Furnco brand coupling from The Home Depot. i wouldnt reccomend putting any kind of boost through one of those as they arent reinforced with anything...ask me how i know.
i didnt paint it... those "streaks" are scratches... i am gonna clear coat the thing soon i just didnt wanna keep kickin it around... as for the coupler i need to order a silicon coupler for that spot....
Try working your way down with grit on the sand paper. I did an aluminum valve cover for my zcar. I went with 80 grit to get casting marks out, then worked up from there, 180, 320, 440, all the way up to 1000 grit on a DA. Turned out pretty good. the 1000 grit actually will give it a polished look then you can clear it and it looks like a million bucks.
if i dont clear coat it i will have to polish the crap outta it like once a week i m sure.... i jsut dont have the motivation to take back off the car.. so if anything i will just clear coat it and thats it.... this is the second valve cover i have done and the first one came out better but i traded it for this one and started over... my next valve cover will be a saab 16v one with the lines ( a c900 valve cover) i will take my sweet time with that one and see how well i can keep everything together