Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's an 88 and has about 195k miles. Headgasket went, and we think the cylinder head did too (wont know till we open her up). I got it for $450 :D

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Looks good! Need to rid that nasty Bra, and some decals (like me) and should clean up nice. Just talk to Rhich about those SPG pannels ;) I'm sure he has 2 of everything if not more :lol: :p Guess you and I will hafta see who can build the faster SPG :p

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the bra and the stickers (especially the SaabNET stickers) are comin off. it'll get a nice "Rocky Mountain Motors" sticker on the windshield, and thats it.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Jezza said:
Very nice 8) That thing on the front - bra LOL - what is that? I've never seen one on an Aero.
Its not a bra...its a BRO :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ben, that is a sweet ride. This is Pete (mcs|Cheetah). You should let me ride in that some time. I have a P.O.S. '82 900S and am saving to get an SPG at the end of the summer. have you quarter-mile clocked that thing?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Cheetah said:
I have a P.O.S. '82 900S and am saving to get an SPG at the end of the summer.
Hey now - just cause you have a non-turbo Saab doesn't make it a POS - what's the reasoning for it being one? True it may be slow - but who's fault is that ;)

SPG's are becoming more and more affordable these days. I got an 86 SPG for $475 and it runs and drives great. 166K I'm gonna pull a new motor anyways tho and build that up. Should be a 230hp rocket when I'm done and 15/18 PSI cruiser 8)

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am about to get a cylinder head from a 9000 aero. After my uncle (Jason) and I do that, it will be drivable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My '82 not being a turbo has nothing to do with it being a POS. It is rusty with a messed up rack-and-pinion and it has a bad starter. The sunroof won't open, the AC is broken, the seats and headliner are bad, someone smashed out my left mirror, alternator is going, bad radio, bad power steering pump, the locks are shot(you can start it with a knife or popsicle stick if you want), the wheels don't match, I am missing a front light bezel, and it leaks gas. I mean, the sad thing is, it's not worth saving. I feel bad, but I can't afford to put too much money into a car with no resale value.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
as soon as i get the panel and bumper from rhich, and a cylinder head, i'll get some more pics

1 - 13 of 13 Posts