Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since my 900's end, I've 'inherited' my dad's 99' 9-3 Sedan named Grasshopper. My dad got a 00' 9-5 which I'll post here eventually too. The 9-3 is nothing special, its got some paint chipping in the front, and the passenger side rear door is scratched, but it's better than nothing. And its turbo'd unlike my 900s. On to the crappy cell pics. I'll take some pictures soon with a real camera.

My plans for the car are to 1) Get it off delta's 2) Fix the chipped paint on the front and the scratch on the door 3) Then work on some performance / audio stuff.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, its that 99' only 'greensilver'. And yes it is tan cloth, but I actually like it. Never really a fan of the leather seats and it shows less of my cat's hair, as well as the yellow lab's.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I am also a fan of cloth seats! They are not as cold in winter, not as hot in summer, and the heated seats kick-in faster too. I have leather. Thinking of doing something to the center section of the seats...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Nice 9-3. I love the cloth seats for all the reasons above, but they are much more comfortable then the leather seats IMO. My uncle and cousin both have 9-3s with leather and I much prefer my cloth. They really like to pick up lint though.

Nice upgrade, I was sorry to see the 900 go, that was a well cared for car.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Nice 9-3. I love the cloth seats for all the reasons above, but they are much more comfortable then the leather seats IMO. My uncle and cousin both have 9-3s with leather and I much prefer my cloth. They really like to pick up lint though.

Werent you making fun all 4 saabs in our driveway for having cloth seats?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Werent you making fun all 4 saabs in our driveway for having cloth seats?
Yes, but only because I don't like you. Both the Saabs in my driveway have cloth now.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

I've had both cloth and leather with heated seats and to me it seems that the leather seats get hot faster, but make my ass sweat.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Nice ride... i agree cloth is nice in the winter, but i still prefer the feel of nice soft leather (if its worn and dried out it can suck though).... Mainly though its because i'm too much of an elitist to have such things as fabric upholstery.....

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yea I agree. No doubt I like the leather seats in my dad's 9-5 but they aren't my first choice. Plus as mentioned above, they tend to retain less temperature in the cool/hot which is definitely a plus. And I've vacuumed almost every week to pick up all the lint.

And thanks about the 900, I still miss it sometimes - even though it was n/a it was still my first Saab and made me love them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts