Saab Link Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Hey, good to hear! I'll have to check out the rack. I have my eye on the AEV one, but alternatives are always nice.
Yea, we looked at a few, its was the only rack we found that didn't require any drilling and also worked with or without our soft top or hard top.... Either one on or off the jeep

Soft top is kinda a pita to put down with the Congo cage on but it can be done.

I know I am in a truck when I drive it. Yes it's 100x's easier to live in vs older jeeps but it still turns, brakes and accelerates like a truck :)

·
Deez Nutz
22,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Soft top is kinda a pita to put down with the Congo cage on but it can be done.

I know I am in a truck when I drive it. Yes it's 100x's easier to live in vs older jeeps but it still turns, brakes and accelerates like a truck :smile:
You should try one with the 3.6, and new interior. An extra 80hp really helps things out.

Love it. Congrats!

Where you headed in the SW?
Thanks! And I dunno yet. Somewhere between South Lake Tahoe, and Tucson.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I have.... Relative has a 2 dr with the newer engine, I strongly encouraged them to take that for a spin before buying a used one with my engine. Fortunately they did take it for a spin and yea.... Huge difference. Still quite a big different then my viggens power.....

Also quite a bit different then my 99 wrangler which is a auto

·
Registered
959 Posts
Congrats!

I had a '98 Wrangler SE with the 2.5L I4 and an M5... LOVED IT!

Then I drove a '09 Sahara 4-Door M5 V6... And HATED It... I was thinking about trading my 9-5 in on it... And just couldn't do it. I have heard great things about the new ones... Maybe it's time I take a look again.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts