Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my new car came in. The old 02 9-3 SE sold the next day too!

Losing the old one, which I loved, is much tempered by the new one. As much fun as the old car was, this is a better car in every way, except fuel economy and power. XWD takes it's toll on comsumption, I'm getting 23 mpg in mixed driving. The old one delivered 25 to 26 on average.

This one is a 6-speed manual, fully optioned out, minus navigation.

Incentives were rediculous on this car!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$1000 SAAB Customer Loyalty rebate
$3500 Dealer Rebate - transferred to me
$5000 Customer Direct Rebate

I don't care to publicize actual transaction price since I'd just get somebody jump in and tell me I could get a better deal if this, that and the other thing. I don't need to hear that now that I'm fully committed. I believe I got a very good deal with the incentives.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Could have got another $500. if you joined the saab club at the time too. Every customer that buys a car here gets the 500. Costs me 45 and they get 500. They gave you everything out there for incentives.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
v-cool.... now you just need to do some HP mods like the old car had & yea AWD does suck quite a bit of power.

Kinda funny how crappy the old 9-3 chassis are compared to the new ones.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for comments!

This one is Carbon Grey Metallic.

gm - I do have designs on getting Hirsch tune installed which would take it to 240 hp and I think 258 ft-lb from 210/221. This car will of course not see track duty (even though it handles better). If I go back it will be in a 'beater' sports car.

1st gear is short and not as strong as the old car, forcing quicker 1-2 transitions.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SRP 6-spds are out there. I'm in Indy but I had to find the one I wanted on my own, and tell the dealer. This one came from Crossway SAAB in Vermont. Falcone SAAB had it transferred to their dealership for me, free of charge.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Beautiful car. I'd really like a fully spec'd one in White with a manual. Sadly that's pretty hard to come by. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.