Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the heater controls inside the car control in the engine bay? Because when I turn my heat on something clicks on and off sometimes in the engine bay. As some of you know from my post a few days ago I was having starting problems, my car starts up then dies and then I start it again and it runs fine. Everyone told me it was the idle air control valve. So I cleaned it up today and now so far my car starts fine but once its running it doesn’t run right mostly when the heat controls are on. When I turn the heat on it revs up to 2000 rpms then goes down to normal idle. If I leave the heat on when I’m driving sometimes when I shift and let go of the gas the rpms will stay where they are until I force them down into the next gear or after a little while they will go down to normal idle and then up back up to 2000 rpms and then go back down and then back up and so on…. Just like I was pushing the gas in a little and letting go then pushing it back in a little and letting off again. But it really almost only doses it when the heater controls are on. Help me please???? Think I need a new Idle Air Control Valve?

Thanks a lot for the Help
Matt

·
Registered
584 Posts
Does this happen when you "turn on" any of the HVAC controls, or only when you turn on the A/C itself?

Most engines have a function that adjusts the way the air idle control valve acts when the A/C is on, to compensate for the extra load the compressor places on the engine.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it all fixed I put the idle air control valve on the wrong way I must not of been paying attention. But it happened when I turned the HVAC controls on.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right to the left of the throttle body under the plastic cover for turbo modles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts