Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well boys and girls after only 6months or so of ownership my first Saab is..... no more. Last night it snowed alot and as I was on my way to school going about 25-30mph i went around a corner and the snow was the packing wet kind so even my snow tires had no grip. I started to swerve slightly so i counter-steered but when I straightened out the backend lost traction again and slipped so I tried to remain straight again but to no avail. I lost control and slid out into a stone wall about 3 1/2 feet high. Hit the drivers side B-Pillar hard and crushed the frame and both doors. Almost punched a hole in the rear door actually. I hope to get another Saab soon... But money is an issue. Anyone you know selling a Saab please contact me. My budget is $6grand tops. P.S. will post pics as soon as I'm ready to look at the thing again without getting pissed off.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry to hear about that and I know it sounds cliche but its good you werent hurt. If the car is that bad I would part the thing out on ebay or here obviously. I cant inagine the feeling just before you hit the wall. Its like a slow motion, NNNNOOOOOOOOO! Same thing happened to me when I wrecked my bike. Good luck with the new car.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea the thoughts running through my head were as follows.... O Crap I'm not straightening out..... O fuck im going towards the side of the road..... O fuck tires lost all purpose..... O crap thats a wall! (2 inches from the wall in slow motion) NOOOO this IS NOT FUCKING HAPPENING!!! NOOOOOOO then SLAM! and the wall..... NOT EVEN A SCRATCH!!! dead serious had to crawl over to passenger seat to get out and looked over and wall was completely fine.... I wanted to cry.... And the B-Pillar almost crushed my seat it jacked it into the center console and popped the key almost out of the ignition. Im going out now in the 12 degree weather to get pics from inside and outside the car... And I most probably will part it out but i will let everyone know.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Kind of an extreme way to get a turbo, dontcha think?

:twisted:

$6,000 will get you a whole bunch of car. $5,000 will get something decent, with money left over for mods....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Im glad to hear you're ok...that was a very bad crash...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks yea it was scary as all hell and it was my first accident ever. We're not telling the insurance companies so my rates wont go up. i only pay $425 every 6 months and i'd like to keep it that way. :lol: so we just took it off saying it had engine problems and didnt want to repair it. gunna part it out and get another saab yay :roll:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Man.., I'm so sorry to hear about your wreck..ouch. :shock: :( Then I realized that's the same year my car was built...ouch ouch... :( :cry:

Like everyone else here, I'm glad you weren't injured. Now go get that turbo SAAB to build up again.

regards

·
Registered
299 Posts
outch that had to hurt. what is the picture of the seatbelt showing? what insurance company do you have??? i want rates like that!!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
turbokick said:
what insurance company do you have??? i want rates like that!!
I think he was refering to the car payments he had prior to the incident.... but I too am glad to hear you weren't hurt after all this - Saab did it's job tho and kept you safe. perhaps you can find a good Saab with a bad motor and drop your moto into it. WOuld be a way to save money....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no im 17 and pay $425 every six months for insurance its good when you have 8+ cars under the same policy lots of discounts. and good student discount and premium member discount and platnum member discount (we've beeen with same company for long time)

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Where are you living? I lived in Vermont all through my teen years and never paid more than 550 a year for insurrance. Of course I had all the good student discounts and i was under my parents with both my saabs. You might want to check into that.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i live in Norwalk, CT part of Fairfield County and those rates for a teen are great considering I live in the most expensive county to live in in the entire USA!!! some of my friends are paying up to $2000 dollars a year for insurance. But then again thats cause they're rich muther @&^@*&$'s and their momy and daddy buy them a benz or bmw and they dont pay insurance either but ne wayssss..... yea its really good rates for someone my age in my location. :twisted:

·
Registered
299 Posts
soccerrplyr said:
Where are you living? I lived in Vermont all through my teen years and never paid more than 550 a year for insurrance. Of course I had all the good student discounts and i was under my parents with both my saabs. You might want to check into that.
im outside DC.im 16, i have a good student discount, perfect record and an occasional driver on both my parents cars. its like $1000-1200 a year not exactly sure cause my parents pay it but if i get my own car (saab :D ) i have to pay and it would proly be colse to $1400 a year :shock: :( :cry:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
that sucks but we've been with allstate for looong time and have alot of cars on the policy so... yea here's the list: My Cars: '97 Saab 900s 5-Speed Beige (DEAD), '96 Lexus ES300 Auto. White, '65 Corvette Stingray 4-Speed White | My Dad's Cars: White Lexus ES300 1997 Auto., '55 Corvette 4-speed (in rebuild status) | Mom's Car: '00 Toyota Corolla Auto. Maroon | Older Brother's Heap of Shit: '95 Civic DX with all missmatched door colors and smells of squid. Auto. Fairy Blue | Other Random Family Cars: '87 Ford F150 4-speed Color: Rust , '89 Ford F150 4-speed Color: shit green

1 - 19 of 19 Posts