Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I thought I had a 9-3 made in Trollheaven, my DTE reports I have 31km to go with HALF a tank of fuel left! Which one do I believe???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
have you tried the reset trip button? granted, normally upon fill up I hit the clear button and hold til it beeps and says trip etc reset.
but on the couple times I forgot, or didnt seat the gas cap completely, i got an error reading.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Saba said:
Just when I thought I had a 9-3 made in Trollheaven, my DTE reports I have 31km to go with HALF a tank of fuel left! Which one do I believe???
How many km have you driven on this tank? It should be pretty obvious if you half a tank or basically nothing left. But, if you really have no idea, I'd just go fill it up and make sure it's full...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know which one to believe. i do have half a tank. Just have to reset DTE. Don't really care what it says, because i don't believe it anyway. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Saba said:
I know which one to believe. i do have half a tank. Just have to reset DTE. Don't really care what it says, because i don't believe it anyway. :D
the most accurate is supposed to be the gauge, as it is supposed to be a reflection of a true measure, while the SID takes the gauge reading, and does computer arithmatic to get the result
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
jangler64 said:
Saba said:
I know which one to believe. i do have half a tank. Just have to reset DTE. Don't really care what it says, because i don't believe it anyway. :D
the most accurate is supposed to be the gauge, as it is supposed to be a reflection of a true measure, while the SID takes the gauge reading, and does computer arithmatic to get the result
Yeah, it seems like some black magic computation they do, which ends up not being that useful, since you never know when to trust it and exactly what it's basing its numbers on :roll: (is it my current mpg, my mpg throughout the entire tank, the mpg for the last 20 miles, etc.). It would be a lot more useful if they just told you exactly how many gallons you have left, and let you decide how many miles that translates to. If someone from Saab is reading this, please make this into a tech ii update....thanks!
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top