Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is made out of 2.5" press bent steel piping... it was then painted with black automotive paint ... a few coats.. there is an issue with it clearing the hood... well actually it clears the hood only by 1/4" so i put back the hood insulation to keep from damaging the pipe and the hood... otherwise all is well
i am sure i will have tons of issues with it when springm comes and i actually drive the car when spring comes though i will get a silicone elbow and that may help im sure... cuz it wont come off the throttle body sooooo high

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i fixed the clearance issue though i still need to get a silicone elbow.

lemonscu u always ask about performance with the mods i make.. unfortunately i can not comment until spring comes... when i actually drive teh car.... it is off insurance.... unless i take along the local "drag strip" when no cops are looking.... :twisted:

i will let u know as soon as all this snow melts and the streets are dry... so hopefully next week i am in the process of swithching the cat on my ne down pipe too so i will let u know how the delivery pipe does then i willl let u know how the dp is...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry about that, I wasnt aware you couldnt drive it. If you couldnt tell my car is going to make some changes in the near future. I will let you know the difference in "performance" even if you dont want to hear it.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol yes i want to hear differences

but steve not ALLLL winter long... i do take it out every once in a while but i only have fire and theft insurance on it so i need to be careful

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
trex also made one....hope he shows up and posts his....i dont think its installed but hes got the pipe built...looks good....you'll have to let us know how it feels when you take hur out!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Like iwantaviggen said, i am in the process of finishing my delivery pipe up.

Not done with it yet, still need to sand it down and blend to make it look like one pipe.

It is a 2.5 inch Mandral Bent pipe.

After its all nice and smooth and test fitted, its going to the powercoaters.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Because I went with a 2.5" piping all the way from my intercooler up.
I didn't want to mess up my 2.5" theme :D

·
7,595 Posts
is there really that much restriction in the NG 900 intake pipes? they don't look like all THAT bad of a design to me.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the only restriction with the ng900 pipes is the diameter thats all.... in the 9-3 pipe there is a flat spot.... which is why i had mine press bent... so no matter what the smallest (flatest) spot in my pipe is still bigger than the other stock pipe.... one huge problem in my car is the vacuum pump for the brake boosters....
stock pipe and new pipe

vacuum canister on the right of valve cover

the newest pic of the pipe is already posted so i wont do it again

·
Registered
392 Posts
:shock: :shock: perfect beads, everytime on everything

1 - 20 of 24 Posts