Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Yeah. Fun finding those in your house.

She was playing around under my side table for about an hour. I think little of it since that's where the cats' toys usually end up since my dog can't bother them there. I just bought new toys, so I figured she had just got a hold of one of those. After awhile, sh moves her play to my ottoman and around my feet, which were blocked from my view by my screen. When I finally looked up to watch her playing, I noticed the "toy" stuffed under the controller and while I stare at it trying to figure out which one it is, it's tail flicked. Put on a glove that happened to be nearby and picked it up to bring outside. Little bastard is lucky my cats have no killer instinct. Felt bad about bringing it out to the cold since it was clearly stressed, so I lobbed it over the fence towards the neighbor's house. It's under renovation, so no one living there to worry about.

Also, before Lendo asks, it's the black cat, and below that are her feet.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was motionless from the stress, but most definitely unharmed, otherwise.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That, and lob implies a gentle action.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
I have always wanted to get my idiot cats a mouse just to see what happens.

I mean, they go bonkers for a red dot on the ground, they would probably fall asleep with an actual mouse.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have always wanted to get my idiot cats a mouse just to see what happens.

I mean, they go bonkers for a red dot on the ground, they would probably fall asleep with an actual mouse.
The tabby is about 6 years old, the black one 3. In that combined time, this is the first time either has managed to capture any living, non-insect being.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
My grey, younger one eats bugs. He's good at it.

The other one vomits, and is fat. He is also warm.

You can see what I'm dealing with.

At least yours played with it.

Mine would probably give it a bath, then feed it.

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
My old cat Ajax (half himalayan, half siamese) used to get 2-3 mice on a good night, and leave it in his "spot" - once he killed a bat.

My current dog lola captured/killed 2 birds when she was younger:

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Hah, ok, story time.

We had a gas leak in our apartment the other day. The fire department couldn't get into the building to knock on doors and evacuate people so my oblivious husband was left sitting inside with the cat and the dog. I roll up home to find the entire fire department and a million ambulances and ask what's going on. "Oh, it's just a gas leak."

Just a gas leak?

Anyway, Brian realizes I'm not shitting when he starts smelling it and grabs the dog and cat and runs outside. Since he couldn't find Chuck's carrier he just stuffed him in the car and ran off with the dog. Brilliant right?

So they eventually let us back in. I fetch the cat from the car and am amazed when I don't lose any facial features. Our neighbors in another potentially leaky building who weren't allowed back in just yet are chilling in our stairwell. They have three birds who are sitting quietly on their shoulders.

My cat is a total douche who attacks anything that moves (strong prey drive, idunno) and he just stared at these birds. He began to hiss and shrink up a little.

Yeah, Chuck is afraid of fucking parakeets. PARAKEETS.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
yeah! CATS! :lol:

my cat Boney Bob got one a few weeks back (we live in the country and it's like a guarantee you'll get one or two in the colder months) :roll:

He slit the throat open, dumped blood all over my carpet and tossed the body around for a few minutes before I discvered his new "toy" with guts coming out the throat. :shock:

then a week later baby Missy got one, she just had 8 teeth extracted too. She was running around the house with it in her mouth, crushing it to death slowly with her gums, growling like a pitbull the whole time :lol:

the killers:

·
Registered
861 Posts
hate to tell you this - but Mice always come back to the place they know (i.e. your house). Most say to take them at least 5 miles from your house to avoid them finding their way back. They're actually pretty extraordinary creatures.

and to whomever would 'stomped its head out' really needs to relax a little. Christ, its just a small creature. No harm to you whatsoever. I wouldnt want mice in my house either, but no need to go stomp their heads like some sorta effed up kid on adderall. If you wanna worry about small creatures in your house, the bugs are there in millions - they're the ones that can make you sick.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
hate to tell you this - but Mice always come back to the place they know (i.e. your house). Most say to take them at least 5 miles from your house to avoid them finding their way back. They're actually pretty extraordinary creatures.

and to whomever would 'stomped its head out' really needs to relax a little. Christ, its just a small creature. No harm to you whatsoever. I wouldnt want mice in my house either, but no need to go stomp their heads like some sorta effed up kid on adderall. If you wanna worry about small creatures in your house, the bugs are there in millions - they're the ones that can make you sick.
it's just not fun finding little shit pellets in my closet and in my qtips. I've caught about 12 in my house in the past month. I just picked up some poison, hopefully that will finish the job. I tried getting a cat but a roomate is alergic.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts