Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9k is going to need a turbo soon. I've got a dying Garrett. What do I want to get?

I could go find a TD04. Should I do something else?

I've got T5Suite and all the flashing stuff so I can flash to Stock or Stage 1 Aero. If there are roms for other setups I could do something else too. I dont know how do my own maps for XYZ turbos, I can just flash roms. So if there is a Rom for a specific turbo upgrade. I'm game. What should I do?

I don't know. I may not even need to change fuel maps to run a different turbo. I need some guidance.

·
Registered
222 Posts
How about a GT28BB, the same as Maptun sell, I've seen these for decent money back here in the UK. I know a guy who had one on his 9-3 and that was a quick car!!! There was a 9k back here running 350odd bhp with one.
I think its a bolt on job but cant be sure?

·
Registered
75 Posts
The AVO 380 kit is an awsome ball bearing shaft turbo..It is marketed by Rallitec..Google AVO 380 or Rallitec and look..A friend of mine took off the TD04 from his Subi and had the AVO kit installed..He is ever so happy with it..Not only did his fuel milage improve, but he gained from 188 HP to 236HP at the same time..With a good chip and good exhaust that he has now, he is up to 326 wheel HP. This may be the kit that you want to install.

·
Registered
645 Posts
see if someone will rebuild the garret to t28. i think that guy chadwick does it cheap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts