Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my '00 9-3 SE 5 spd a little while back, it needed a serp belt and idler pulley to be road worthy again. I started driving it recently and it's just slow and sluggish. It has 186K miles on it compared to my dad's '99 9-3 SE 5 spd with 150K and just a SaabSport catback, his would rape mine all day long.

I'm getting ready to pull the plugs and replace if needed, compression test, and boost leak test. Anything else I should be looking in to? The car isn't throwing any engine codes either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check the simple stuff first. Change your oil and filter, and put 93 octane in next time you fill up. Buy the 4mm silicone hoses from GS and replace the BPV line and lines to the throttle body. After that you may want to check the condition of your turbo.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Check the simple stuff first. Change your oil and filter, and put 93 octane in next time you fill up. Buy the 4mm silicone hoses from GS and replace the BPV line and lines to the throttle body. After that you may want to check the condition of your turbo.
Didn't think of that since I don't have that LOL. But yeah ditto to this too, are you getting full boost according to the gauge?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
The problem is most likely simple:

vacuum lines, either missing, or disconnected
bad bypass valve
wastegate frozen or missing key clip

I'd check those things, as well as change the spark plugs, and see where that gets you. If it's not a simple problem, it could be anything from a bad DI cassette or a bad mass airflow sensor. Since the car isn't throwing any codes though, you should feel pretty confident that the problem will be a minor repair! Good luck and don't get discouraged. No codes, at least to me, means "nothing is seriously wrong!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts