Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
If only i had the money and not a 9000 that i'm unrealistically attached to.

GLWS, bump for a good guy (and mechanic) and a really nice car.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx man.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Unless I am missing it, you did not include miles currently on car?

It is a clean car I like the hazlenut - tan combo. You should get around asking price, IF the miles are sub 90k

GLWS

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That's a good deal for that 9-3. Hope it sells quickly for you!

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow. how the hell did i miss that?

106k. will edit the cl ad later.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Skyjacker kit and 9-5 Aero wheels don't match well :D
Seriously tho - good luck, excellent car! If you get no bites, re-list on CL as simply as possible, my long winded post never yield results, but short and blunt always do....
Bump for nice car, and hopes of a Porsche to replace it lol (see you Friday night?)

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's going to be a miata. decission made.

i thought it's going to be saturday night?

yea - i took the lowering stuff off....figured the stance would turn away less people than a ride that makes the cd player skip from the slightest pebble.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
it's going to be a miata. decission made.

i thought it's going to be saturday night?

yea - i took the lowering stuff off....figured the stance would turn away less people than a ride that makes the cd player skip from the slightest pebble.
#1 Be ready for jokes like these on a regular basis;

#2 Guess BorkaT ought to let us all know exactly when... lol I was under the impression of Friday night into Saturday. Either way I'm good - but It'd be nice if he would "organize"

#3 I agree on the suspension, where are the factory 5 spokes? Why not just put those on it and keep the Aero wheels for a future purchase or separate sale?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
factory wheels are on my brother's car. i prefer these to them anyway. much better steering feel & not much trade off on ride quality.

also,

and, the aftermarket equipment will most likely be up for grabs. pm me for more info.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Yeah yeah, I know - they can go very fast for very little.... but look at that gearing! Barely @ 120mph and it's pushing 5800RPM in 5th? I hope that really 4th gear...

I have had several friends with Miata's all tricked out on N/A setups - sounded really nice, I personally never drove them, but I have see those cars on tracks - they do hold their own very well. It's just too much fun to poke fun at what they are best known for ;)

I may have to get/find one of these for you;

http://www.core77.com/blog/object_culture/does_this_car_make_me_look_gay_5996.asp

Anyways - your reason to sell it to buy a sports car... I'm not sure, but does a Miata classify as such? You should buy a factory limited edition supercharged one.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so 3ish weeks and no action. none. nothing.

am i overpriced? be honest.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I don't think you're necessarily overpriced, I just think it's a tough market considering the competition. 99-02 9-3's are cars that people either love or hate. If you take that and ad in the fact that one can buy a nice Viggen, 9-5, or a 9-3SS at the 5-6k price point, you can see some of the competition you may be dealing with and that's just from a person who's looking at Saabs only. If you throw in other competition, it gets even more clustered.

4-6k is one of the hardest brackets to sell a used car...some people consider it pidgeon feed, others will look at it as a lot of money. With that too, you'll see a wide discrepancy in people's expectations...some will want a new car for that money while others will be more practical.

Depending on your money situation, I think you should stay at $5500 with limited negotiability for a little while longer. If you want to sell quicker, strip it of any goodies (like the wheels) and reduce the price.

If I was selling this, I would stress the mileage, luxury features, maintenance, winter performance/overall safety, and money people will save buying from you, rather than a dealer. Emphasizing those things will help to create a perception of value and such, in my opinion, is the most important thing to create when selling a car. Otherwise, what's the motivation to buy a soon to be 9 year old Saab in the middle of the winter? Good luck!

·
7,595 Posts
I know you have a very detailed discription, I do this sort of thing too, but maybe you need to reduce the details you have there, as that puts off a lot of people, especially when you have problems listed that you have fixed. Just say "never had any problems, and you probably won't either" :lol:

Also, post on many more craigslists, more frequently. you should get that asking price but it might take some work.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
nice car and color combo, id be willing to pay around 5k for your car (if I was in the market)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
DeLorean is right - as soon as I relisted my Vert I got 1 person to come see it and 3 more interested - still not sold, but it did get much more attention with a short and sweet description....

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
so 3ish weeks and no action. none. nothing.

am i overpriced? be honest.
I tried selling my '99 HOT for $3k last year and got not a SINGLE response.
It's got high miles, but it's an absolute creampuff.
They're just not worth what we'd like them to be.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Yeah - but this 2002 would be listed anywhere else right now for $8000 - so $5500 is MORE than on par with the market right now. If it was closer and was an automatic I would have had this car SOLD for him weeks ago...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts