Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, my '99 9-3 is no longer here - which is also why I havent been on in awhile. Well, story.
Going around a sharp turn on a back road I usually travel, my right front tire popped and I slid into the mud, ramped up the guardrail and flipped 3 times. It was totaled and yet I was not injured. I don't have any pictures of the wrecked car, but can I say I miss it.

So, to keep my insurance with my dad I had to negotiate, and the negotiation was this 1990 Saab 900 N/A Autotragic (yea I know worst of both worlds haha) but I love the car. The look of it, how it feels, and its 5,000 away from 200k, but doesn't feel it. It has it's issues (and I'll have questions) but its still a strong car.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Good luck with it. Always liked the 4 door. No other car looked like it.

Like how your photos came out :p

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
need to do a 5spd swap and it'll be great....3 of my C900s were 16V n/a 5spds and they have been more reliable then my turbos... love the sedans thats all i've had

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
need to do a 5spd swap and it'll be great....3 of my C900s were 16V n/a 5spds and they have been more reliable then my turbos... love the sedans thats all i've had
That's what I want to do! Plus this transmission might be on its way out, it smells like when I grinded my clutch on my first car, somewhat often, plus sometimes it takes a little to get into actual drive. But my question is how expensive is that gonna be (as apposed to just replacing the auto)?

No other car feels like a classic 900. They are my favorites too.
Yea, that's the one thing. I miss my turbo, I miss my 5 speed, but god I love how it handles, even for the boat that it is, haha.

Love the reflection of the clouds in the second to last pic, reminds me of a photo a classmate of mine took last semester.
I never thought I'd love gray like I do on this car. It looks black at night, and during the day its gray and reflects pretty well.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
i've never done a tranny swap but you'd need a donor tranny/car and someone with an engine hoist and some knowledge of how it all comes apart and goes back together...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.