Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a slip from last week. I only got one run in before the meet rained out, and I think I could have had a better time. This is with a viggen intercooler, custom cai, and my dual bov set up.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Which side were you on? I take it the right side?

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Hey Clint where in Indiana do you live? I'm in Lafayette at Purdue most of the time, but I occasionally make it back home to Ft. Wayne. Hard to find many Saab people around here.

Kyle

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am about an hour and fifteen minutes from you. I live in wabash, its about 40 minutes north of kokomo. You should head over to the Muncie Dragway tomorrow night, they are having the meet that was supposed to be last friday but got rained out. Itd be nice to see another saab goin down the track. Ive been there a few times and still havnt seen another saab.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Yeah I know where that is, I drive through it on my way home to Ft. Wayne . . . good ol' 24. I would come but I have work till 10 tomorrow night. I would really like to dyno it first before I run down the track. I need to find somewhere to do that. Know of anywhere around us to dyno? I figure Indy is probably the best bet.

Kyle

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know of anywhere to dyno. Ive heard of a place up north. I am going to wait for the Indy Auto Bash this fall. I was there last year and they had a portable dyno. It was like $40 for 3 runs or something close to that.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Nice times, When the mods start coming in, its gonna be harder to launch, good tires to grip is also needed
whats the dual BOV's?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is an Apex Industries twin chamber. Apex claims the way they made this valve it will handle low boost as well as high, both at the same time. However, I set it for higher boost and am running the bosch valve for low boost and to aid in releasing pressure in high boost. This allows my turbo to spin freely after the throttle body closes. It spins for a long enough period that it is still spinning when I get back on the throttle. I had to make the flange for it.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Clint said:
This is an Apex Industries twin chamber. Apex claims the way they made this valve it will handle low boost as well as high, both at the same time. However, I set it for higher boost and am running the bosch valve for low boost and to aid in releasing pressure in high boost. This allows my turbo to spin freely after the throttle body closes. It spins for a long enough period that it is still spinning when I get back on the throttle. I had to make the flange for it.
Actually thats an excellent idea. Have you noticed decreased turbo lag (spool) after first gear?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It did help with spool up time because the turbo is still spinning. On the other hand, some think it is a good idea to keep some pressure in your intake pipes between shifts. Of course, you only want to expiriment with this if you have a ball bearing turbo. I think otherwise and I installed a JT turbo back system last week. With this set up my spool up time is greatly reduced and my turbo isnt getting worn out faster than it should.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts