Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, time to tap the brain trust here... My Aero's transmission is in dire need of a flush and I realize that being a 2003 model, it came from the factory with the MTF0063 factory fill (Texa$!!).

In the owner's manual, it says that in the event of a massive fluid loss that Dextron III Synthetic ATF can be used in its place, but only as a temporary measure to get from Point A to Point B (B for the surprise buttsex waiting when the dealer says you need $1k worth of service).

MTF0063 does bear an uncanny resemblance to synthetic ATF and I wonder if anyone else here has ascertained if 0063 is just an aftersales dept. markup exercise or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
I use mtf0063 in the 9k aero and the ng900 it works great. Its worth the money to do it yourself at 9.45 a bottle and you need 4 bottles to do he flush its not that bad.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
No idea if MTF0063 is just a rebadged ATF, but I CAN say that it made a huge difference in my Aero in terms of shift quality. Here's how I did it.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Whats the price savings of the 0063mtf vs. the atf? I know that the 0063 has good results, and if you purchase outside of the dealer can be had a little cheaper.

Plus with the 0063, it'll probably be the last time you do this, at least you can think of it that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts