Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install the rear sway fromMP and when i was removing 3 of the 4 bolts' heads just snapped right off...what should i do??

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sounds like you are going to have to get out the drill and drill the broken bolts out. I dont see another solution if the heads snapped off.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. you should be able to tap them out with a nailset or pointy chisel if you have one.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
haha yeah RCM i was like obviously he has to get new bolts but hows that guna help get them out haha!

get some good grade a bolts!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Can you get the stock sway bar off? These bolts break all the time so we provide new mounting hardware with our sway bars. Did you receive new mounting bolts?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got new bolts but i havent gotten the stock one off yet...i didnt really give it much effort because i heard its gona be relly nice outt omrorow so i figured ill jsut wait til then...ill let you guys know how it goes tomorrow, thanks for all the replies

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wait a minute....I didn't get new hardware with my MP swaybar (which arrived about a week and a half ago) and all 4 of my stock bolts snapped....what gives?

(one of the mounting tabs on the swaybar also had some middleschool-level welds on it....not sure how I feel about that

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i got it off and from there the installation took no more than a half hour. but damn, getting those things off was a bitch....well worth the trouble tho, this thing rocks when u whip it through the turns

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
lol rob dont get your hopes up... at the price they r at right now u r stealing... it makes a huge difference.. and if the car is lowered then even less body roll

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my car is lowered 1.4" with intrax and i feel like they are settling even lower, with the springs, wide tires (on 8" rims) and the rear sway i feel a huge difference from stock. i cant tell if the sway would be different on stock ride height because it was lowered before the rear sway. nonetheless i feel a difference with the mp sway mostly when im driving it hard through the twisties

1 - 20 of 25 Posts