Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have been living in Mass for several years now after i completed school and the g/f and i have made the decision to move back to upstate ny. our family is there and most important my new job is there.

i will be starting work as a technician at New Salem Saab in Albany. i am psyched to be turning a wrench again and also to be messing around in the performance shop they just opened!

i will miss all the great people i met out here but dont think i wont be back for all the saab shows/meets. just thought i would share with everyone my great news and hope to see all of you at SCD!

Casey

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Welcome! That's my neck of the woods. We'll have to hook up sometime. :)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
congrats! I miss the daily saab wrenching... I'll be back in that game and a bit more soon enough tho. Good Luck! Up-state NY is much nicer than tne city area... but it's still NY..... I could never live there.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Congrats Casey! I live only a few miles from New Salem. Known those guys for quite awhile. Look forward to seeing ya around!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I'm from the capital district too. There are a fair number of enthusiasts up this way considering the long amount of time New Salem has sold Saabs in the area. GL with the move!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Happy Trails

Too bad Casey- that was a good GTG at your place in Plainville. It was nice meeting your g/f also. Maybe it will be a good excuse to go to that part of NY if you have another GTG. Good Luck.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I was kiddin, I'm goin on 15 years here.

Good luck with the move.
You're the guy who's going to mess with him aren't you.... I'm a fan of the Warranty engine job where Casey walks away near completion and you drop a ball bearing into the cylinder :) That will teach him.... lol

seriously - don't do that - that's just f-ing wrong (and I know it's been done to guys before)

But it sure is funny to imagine.....

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're the guy who's going to mess with him aren't you.... I'm a fan of the Warranty engine job where Casey walks away near completion and you drop a ball bearing into the cylinder :) That will teach him.... lol

seriously - don't do that - that's just f-ing wrong (and I know it's been done to guys before)

But it sure is funny to imagine.....
the old Saab dealer i worked at had techs that were notorious for f'ing with you while you were trying to complete a job. i think its just part of the camaraderie of working in a shop. you just have to break the day up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Awesome Casey, my home town! I still go home once a month to relax and see the family.

Congrats on the new job, I have been to New Salem Saab a couple times when I was home to get my Vig worked on. Good people there and very helpful. Next time I am around I will come by and give a shout out. Where in the Albany are are you going to live?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ill be livin with the rents up in saratoga and then when my g/f is done with school in a couple months we're gonna get our own place somewhere in the albany area

1 - 20 of 25 Posts