Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I need to move a 1986 c900 in a garage. Apparently, the front motor mount is so blown that shifting both tilts the engine in the compartment as well as yanks the shifter from one's hand.

Any ideas on how to gently move this car?

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Put it into neutral.
Push.

Or start eating spinach. Get some popeye arms to battle the shifter.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it's parked diagonally in a two-bay garage and it needs to be solely in one spot. So, basically, forward, turn wheel and then reverse up a small grade back into the garage.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think we're just going to pretend like I never made this thread. Aside from the car needing to be jumped (yay for my favorite jump pack, my 2001 9-3), it drove just fine. Repeatedly. Forward. Backward. Up the driveway. Down the driveway. Tight turns.

Meh. I think it's owner was a bit alarmist.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Years ago, I had to move a running but slightly parted-up 87 C900 8Valve from my apt to it's final resting place behind my folks barn 100 kms away. The front mount had torn away from the crossmember such that the motor came up and banged the distributor on the hood. Solution....scrap rubber zip-tied over hole in dist. cap and steel cable w/ turnbuckle holding the mount down. Good times.

Too late now since you drove it, but moving one end on a floor jack works on a smooth floor. Or those steel plates w/ wheels that the tires sit on are great. Unless you put too heavy a car on them then get a little wheel fetched up on a crack in the concrete....boo.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh. Nothing quite so mechanically advanced was needed. ;)

I mean, I wasn't screaming around in the car...but it seemed perfectly fine for just puttering around in the garage and driveway. *shrugs*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts