Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say this was probably the best movie I have seen in awhile. I can only assume that those who didn't like it probably didn't know anything about the storyline. I've done a lot of research into the whole era so it was amazing to see it in a movie...The special effects were amazing!! And the fight scenes were awesome, none of that fake matrix stuff, just real on fighting. And there were a few one on one fight scenes that were awesome. And Brad Pitt does an awesome job playing Achilles. Anyone else see it? I loved it...

Overall on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, I would rate this movie a 10, my highest rating yet :D

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I thought this movie was long and dragged out - then again - I Saw it when it came out in the theater and it was wamer climate wise and the theater shut off the A/C during the movie while the movie was a full house.... now if you ask me - a movie that takes place in the desert being shown in a HOT room full of slowly becoming angered and sleepy ppl doesn't make for an enjoyable movie - I rate it a 6.5

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Naaah, Rob...I don't feel you on this. :?

That movie plain sucked, and basically trashed history. The 11 years of the Trojan War were compressed into a week. I think it was the LA Times that did a great story where they took two historians to the screening and they trashed the movie for the same reasons: sketchy approach to history, inaccurate characters and affiliations, sloppy settings, etc.

Brad Pitt's run-jump kill of that giant was pretty cool, tho. That was my favorite part of the film. : :twisted:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts