Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Requiem for a Dream
Starring - Jared Leto, Jennifer Connelly, Marlon Wayans

Damn...this movie goes up on my list as one of the most fucked up movies I've seen. This is second on my list for being most messed up, with City of God being first, and Never Die Alone being third. Although its messed up...its VERY good. Like City of God, and Never Die Alone, this story is about drugs ( thank my friends for renting these types of movies :roll: ).

In this movie you see the effects of drugs on 4 different people....a boy, his mother, his friend and his girlfriend. The boy, his girl and his friend each get additiced to Heroin, but in the end the reprocutions vary. His mother also faces drug problems, but hers is due to the medicine her doctor prescribes for her fight with weight loss. Although the reprocutions vary for each, all end up with serious problems.

This movie is a good movie, however once again...is not for the faint of heart. This is a serious look into the effects of drugs and the impact it can have is deep. I think I'm going to stop watching movies like this because the effects that are shown that drugs have on people are simply horrifying.

·
Registered
475 Posts
This movie was crazy! The cinematography was VERY good as was the music....not something to listen to in your car but very fitting to the gradual rise of intensity the story went through. It definately is not for the faint of heart and was disturbing to watch as Blaque said. I wonder if it is really like that in mental hospitals. I wouldnt be surprised if it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts