Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Wow. City of God is very extreme. This movie makes Scarface and the Godfather look like a children's movie.

City of God is a true story about a boy who grows up in one of the hardest gang centrals in the world located in small town outside of Rio De Janiero. He starts out as part of the local gang, but later wants to pursue a career as a photographer. With crime and killings occuring all the time around him, it makes it difficult for him to leave but he finally recieves the break he's looking for.

This movie is extremely deep and be prepared to be dazed and dumbfounded at what your viewing....especially since its based on a true story. I must warn that this movie is not for the faint of heart as it involves children who are also apart of a rival gang.

This movie has been in theatres twice. The first time being removed after a couple weeks due to its graphic nature. The second time it stayed slightly longer, but was then moved straight to DVD.

Also, the cinematography is awesome. Its very similar to the cinematography in Behind Enemy Lines, but the transitions are better and allow the story to be easily understood.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this movie a 10+ for its griping storyline.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Outstanding movie. One of the best I've ever seen. All based on a true story too!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know this is an old post but I saw city of god not too long ago and it blew me away.. Definitely a must see if anyone hasnt seen it !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts